Best Place to fish in June?

Saltwater Cowboy

What would everybody say is the best place to fish in June for Salmon and Hali's. I know winter harbour can be good as well as Port Hardy? Any recommendations? I have holidays to book and July and August are too busy at work so it will be June and September this year for all big trips.

SWC

quote:Originally posted by Saltwater Cowboy

What would everybody say is the best place to fish in June for Salmon and Hali's. I know winter harbour can be good as well as Port Hardy? Any recommendations? I have holidays to book and July and August are too busy at work so it will be June and September this year for all big trips.

SWC

Further north the salmon runs are better earlier, Winter and Hardy would be my best bet, but the odd run localy has been good to! Hali's are wherever you find 'em, June should be good for them. EARLY June was great in 2006 in Renfrew for my guests and I, then it died off for a bit untill July (My salmon experiences only).

Knight inlet area is good as well for the last 4 years or so it has been awsome but we are fortunate enough to have our fleet out there looking last year we were cruising to the back side of malcom island and getting our limits the bonus is you can get out everyday as it is usually calm.

We are about 1 1/2 hour away from hardy I cant tell you what its like there but last year the reports were there was a wack of fish just sitting off of duval pt. all summer and was extreamly good hope that helps.

Good luck Wolf

June is awesome in Prince Rupert...Big hali, ling, snapper, and chinook are at the peak of the run. Never any big crowds in June (best keep secret...lol).

Todd Rickard,
Charter Fishing Prince Rupert B.C.
www.silversuncharters.com

i agree with slay but rupert can get preety wild that time of year .but i can recommend Kitimat I should say launch in Kitimat and fish out of Hartley bay .Did that last June06 and we nailed them salmon and halis.We took r own boat and stayed right at Hartley .Definetly no crowds and tons of nice fish.And we r no experts being from Alberta.

The roads are very good from campbell river north you can get there very easily nice long and no sharp turns the road is not travelled alot very very light traffic on it I make it home from eve river to vic in about 5 hours 6 from telegraph the worst is from nanaimo to vic as too many damn lights ill be bcak up at knight inlet starting in mid may for another seson hard to believe 4 months to catch big summer springs again.

Good luck wolf

are you guiding this spring at knight inlet wolf? And when is the peak fishing around Knight inlet in your opinion?

Yes this is my 12 th season up there fishing is good but can be spotty but in saying that the last 4 years has been good below but not so good in the upper inlet.
This year we have the lodge down near Minstrel so we are more centrally located to go either way.

wolf

If I had the choice between June and September, I'd pick September, no contest! Sooke, Port Renfrew, Barkley are all still goin' full bore with big fish. I can never get that month off[V], but if I had my 'druthers...
T2

Back