Best B.C. based fishing show

What is your favourite BC fishing based fishing show?

• BC Outdoors Sport Fishing

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Big Coast

Votes: 30 22.1%
  • Mark Pendlington/West Coast Sporting Journal

Votes: 23 16.9%
  • Gary Cooper/Multiple shows

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Reel West Coast: B-Mo

Votes: 54 39.7%
  • Two men and their fishing rods

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Sport Fishing on the Fly

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm getting to the point where i don't watch them hardly as much as I'm used to. It's like go to an area and take out the top rod in the area stay there and fish for seven days of filming make it seem like your only there for one day.

The way mark P leans back so the reel can scream for an extra few seconds gets annoying, one you see it you can't unsee it lol.

Enjoy that in big coast they have the camera on top of the roof where you get the shots of the rods going off. Enjoy 2 men and their fishing rods for it no being a large scale production.

Fishing with rod has the production value, education, and great cinematography, the feel of the videos is more personable then the other shows/videos. Reel west coast is one big commercial. I don't mind it and I do like the production quality but find the host annoying (I don't watch hockey so I don't know how he was as a player). I can't relate to someone who fishing off an expensive boat/equipment that is all sponsored. Good entertainment but not a lot of useful info like videos from fishing with rod. That's just my view on it.

Fishing with rod has the production value, education, and great cinematography, the feel of the videos is more personable then the other shows/videos. Reel west coast is one big commercial. I don't mind it and I do like the production quality but find the host annoying (I don't watch hockey so I don't know how he was as a player). I can't relate to someone who fishing off an expensive boat/equipment that is all sponsored. Good entertainment but not a lot of useful info like videos from fishing with rod. That's just my view on it.
Yeah, Reel West coast is a TV-style production vs the personable Youtube of FWR. Pretty amazing what Rod does with one person filming. I invited Rod out fishing in August since he was at Crystal Cove at the same time as last year, but he was in the Yukon this year. I'm trying to learn how to "talk with a buddy that is the camera"

Trying for the one-day missions, as it usually takes one day of prep, one day of fishing filming and one day of getting home tear down.

Yeah, Reel West coast is a TV-style production vs the personable Youtube of FWR. Pretty amazing what Rod does with one person filming. I invited Rod out fishing in August since he was at Crystal Cove at the same time as last year, but he was in the Yukon this year. I'm trying to learn how to "talk with a buddy that is the camera"

Trying for the one-day missions, as it usually takes one day of prep, one day of fishing filming and one day of getting home tear down.

I would rather watch someone cast from a boat and catch kelp greenling, Then watch person at X lodge with X guide, real in another 20+lb chinook.

I would rather watch someone cast from a boat and catch kelp greenling, Then watch person at X lodge with X guide, real in another 20+lb chinook.
Great feedback. I've been watching Fishermans life who has a huge following and he pretty much does shore casting catch and cooks and solo trips. I'm really loving the energy of passionate fishermen catching their first big fish. Had first-time catches happen for 5 different people this season and it is that first-time thrill that is exciting. 3 first time catches were on their boats and 2 were on mine. I've been thinking about taking a stranger fishing series. Single parents, veterans, and youth at risk. I'd include nurses but my wife would roll her eyes and say "Not unless you want a divorce and small boat".

Like the west coast fishing journal….nice boats, show tackles, digital view of sea.

two men and their fishing rods is awesome for families and trips to the lakes. Fun to catch trout later in the fall if bored at home in November.

I am glad we have that many to watch.

No Charlie White option? ;-)

I recall Charlie's story of when he first started using the underwater camera to record how the fish reacted to the bait, they thought they had a eureka moment when they saw the salmon were swimming upside down when they took the bait. Turns out they mounted the camera upside down.

I do like Mike Mitchell's show, it does have an obvious pattern it follows, but he's quite approachable at boat shows, and he advocates quite a bit too.

B-Mo's vocabulary is woefully limited, and that gets tiring quickly. (yah eh)

Back