Barkley Sound last week of July?

Tips Up

Thinking of heading to Bamfield for first time the last weekend of July. Reading archived posts looks like it can be a grind at that time. Between runs?
Thoughts on that weekend from those with experience?

Thanks!

Thinking of heading to Bamfield for first time the last weekend of July. Reading archived posts looks like it can be a grind at that time. Between runs?
Thoughts on that weekend from those with experience?

Thanks!
Yeah, been there a couple times in July. It was slow on the inside, but offshore it was lights out!! Offshore should be open by the time you are there. Good luck.

Thanks for your input.
I’m not looking to hit the magic weekend and I’m not hung up on plugging my freezer. I am lucky to fish a lot so I get what I need.
Fish do migrate and come in runs. I know the patterns South Island very well.
just looking for some input on an area I have not been as it seems end of July is in between.
With 17 ft boat my comfort range is about 10 miles.

in my opinion, you are overthinking it. Any time in Bam is a blessing, and you can catch you fair share any time between June and Sept. you may just have to put a little more thought into it at times...

I have ripped them at the end of July - so can you!

go Get em!

There will be fish around. Always find great fishing in June with what I think are the us hatchery fish. Although July can be slower just pay attention at the docks. If fish are caught somewhere the night before you go out head there in the morning. If you find good bait stay there. Salmon are around. If you hit a decent fish stay there. There will be more. And I will say this. If your buying 1 thing to fish in Barkley sound i would suggest the olg55r hootchy. It's the 1 thing I won't fish without. It's down on one side 100% of the time. Catches springs coho and the odd Hali on the troll. I will be up there and will put up reports. Bamfield derby is August long weekend.
Mo

There will be fish around. Always find great fishing in June with what I think are the us hatchery fish. Although July can be slower just pay attention at the docks. If fish are caught somewhere the night before you go out head there in the morning. If you find good bait stay there. Salmon are around. If you hit a decent fish stay there. There will be more. And I will say this. If your buying 1 thing to fish in Barkley sound i would suggest the olg55r hootchy. It's the 1 thing I won't fish without. It's down on one side 100% of the time. Catches springs coho and the odd Hali on the troll. I will be up there and will put up reports. Bamfield derby is August long weekend.
Mo
Shhhhhh….. you’re giving out your secret hootchie hahaha

Mo
Great post Mo, can you show me a pic of that hootchie please or give me a description of it. It didn't come up on a google search and i'm wondering if i have it.
Thanks Shayne

Back