Bamfield/Ucluelet Offshore Map?

For the past five years, my buddies and I head out to Barkley Sound in the last week of August. Every year the fishing gets better as we get to know the area, what to use, where to use it, etc. Up until now, we've been in a smaller boat so we haven't ventured offshore much. One calm day we headed out to "five mile" just off Cape Beale, but that's about it.

We've stuck with late August because that time pretty much guarantees that the fish will have moved in off the banks and can be had in the Sound. Obviously, that works best when you're fishing from a 17' center console and don't feel confident heading offshore.

Things are a bit different moving forward as we'll be fishing from a 34' Tollycraft which can handle the big water.

So, now I'm trying to get my head around all these different banks that I keep hearing about. I've looked at the charts and it is fairly obvious which areas should be "fishy". However, the charts don't have all the different local names on them. Has anybody seen a map that shows the different banks and their corresponding local names?

Back