Bamfeild prawning spots

Gman266

Hello everyone , I’m headed for a trip to bamfeild from the 1-15

I’ll be doing the regular fishing for Hali and salmon and lincod, however I’m debating bringing my prawn traps, was just wondering if it’s worth bringing up in August and where I’d have any luck dropping them .

Hello everyone , I’m headed for a trip to bamfeild from the 1-15

I’ll be doing the regular fishing for Hali and salmon and lincod, however I’m debating bringing my prawn traps, was just wondering if it’s worth bringing up in August and where I’d have any luck dropping them .
200-400 feet is usually a pretty good spot.

For real though I found they were pretty wiped out in the couple spots I tried, and that was in July. I'm sure you could try harder than I did though. Got a couple of those slimy things and gave up on that disaster.

200-400 feet is usually a pretty good spot.

For real though I found they were pretty wiped out in the couple spots I tried, and that was in July. I'm sure you could try harder than I did though. Got a couple of those slimy things and gave up on that disaster.
They are a nightmare

slime eels are easy, just be brave. lol

keep the trap under water, open the door or mesh, reach in and flip it out of the trap with out breaking the surface.

chickens;)

This spot is hagfish free and produces okayish. Usually stuffed full of other people’s traps.

Attachments

• IMG_9548.png
    IMG_9548.png
    583.7 KB · Views: 32
This spot is hagfish free and produces okayish. Usually stuffed full of other people’s traps.
Oooooh that's what he was sending me. I had a guy send me that exact screenshot by accident the other day lol.

Back