Back from Telegraph

• Thread starter Thread starter Brokenrod
  • Start date Start date
B

Brokenrod

Sat was OK Sun was beautiful. We returned home with limits mostly chickens the largest was 38 lbs. Herring was the bait of choice, I tried some of the Humbolt squid I had left, they seemed to love it, caught 4 of the 6 on squid including the 38. There were a few boats out, very mixed reports. [8D]

Were you fishing George Banks, Malcolm, Mitchell Bay ... or was there another spot where you were at?

Nice job by the way:)

FishWish

Hi Brokenrod,

We are heading up there this weekend from comox...staying at alders. I have done well in the past at the North end of malcom on powerbait, but that was later in the season..any tips or advice would be appreciated..
fly-weight@telus.net

I see you didn't get to break in that Jaxon Craft on this trip.

Good to hear that you had a good time.

Hi Islandgirl,

How did you make out up in Telegraph? We are heading up there this weekend and have never been before. Just wondering how the reports are and if anyone can point us in the right direction. It is sounding like the backside of Malcolm is a good start (how deep??), are there other locations that are good to try in that area?

Thanks for any info.

Will let you know how we make out.

In a word..Poor.
We got blown off the water on sunday before 10 am, so we fished part of monday.
Fished Georges BAnk, mitchell bay, back side of malcom, N end of malcom, spots were we limited last year in 1/2 hour..Not even a hali on the line to loose.

I Saw 1 hali brought in on monday 20lbs
The fishing derby on Sat with 10 boats brought in 5 fish

I know it was very good last week, but that is why they call it fishing and not catching..LOL... and who knows next weekend may be hot again.

Hi Steve,
Well sunday, our first day of fishing could not get out to the back side of malcom, just mitchell bay and places to stay out of the wind. Still had to head for the marina before 10am and take cover for the day.
So we only had monday till 1pm..too short of a fishing trip when you loose a day for wind..Could get to all the spots on Monday and just caught some nice lings..too bad that fishery is not open yet.

I will just have to head out again for another bottom fishing trip (darn....hate it when that happens...LOL!!)

quote:Originally posted by blueorca

Noticed mention of a new Jaxon Craft. Could you enlighten me? I'm about to order one and would appreciate some feedback.

Cheers

JAXON CRAFT boats are in my opinion one of the best boats made, right here on VI. Great off shore boats. I have been in 3 different boats, all of them just incredible.
The attention to detail makes the boat special not to mention the design.

Rob has a 24' offshore at Parker Marine in Nanaimo for sale, new ready to go.

Hmm, first time I've seen that builders site. Gotta say that's some interior stengthening on the hull design! Finish looks really nice as well.

Only downside for me is the well style stern design. I've become very fond of a swim grid style mount on the stern. Makes getting on/off the boat if you are doing shore landings really easy. Nice for swimming/re-entry and also nice for landing fish...

what do those jaxoncraft boat go for? look pretty nice for fishing

Back