Arima Boats

fishhawk8

I'm looking at aquiring an Arima Seachaser 17 or 19 or a 17 or 19 ft Malibu Tyee. Has anyone had any experience with these boats in our local waters, good bad or indifferent.

Thanks,
George

depends what you are using it for...
as far as a fishing boat, the Arima wins hands down
very stable seaworthy boat.
The tyee is also a nice boat and makes a better all round
combination cruising/fishing boat.

I agree with Craven. I have a freid that has had an arima 19 foot for the past 10 years and it has been a great boat. It can handle more that you can. It also gets really good millage. I would recomend in fact he is planning on picking up a 22 foot next year. I am planning on getting a new boat in the next couple of years and it is on my short list. The price is also very reasonable for what you get.

Fire me an e-mail with some pics please and your location.

If you have time let me know what power you've got on board and any electronics.

Thanks,
'Hawk

Thanks Batts and Mr. Craven for the responses. At this point, I'm holding out for an Arima, at least until something comes along that can change my mind. As for the cruising aspect afforded by the Tyee, this is also a good thing. Gotta keep the other half happy too.:)

I don't think the Arima hull planes the same as a regular V-hull? Is it meant to work best at slower speeds? I saw something like this at the boat show.

We've fished in the Sooke area for the past 10 years in our 17' Tyee. Awesome boat. We run from Cheanuh to Sheringham with no problems and the boat runs well in rough water. I've fished in a friends 16' Arima too and that's a nice boat as well. I think you would be happy fishing in either of them.

Back