Anyone fish off snake island?

• Thread starter Thread starter RobTufnail
  • Start date Start date
R

RobTufnail

hey I was wondering if anyone fishes around that area and has any luck.I hear people fish off there and i have not tried it myself, maybe this summer. Most the guys I know fish Thrasher/Green Can/Grande.

I'm just looking for some more places to learn how to fish;)

me and my friend fish around snake.
its okay just dont use bait tons of seals there is a reef around there and my friend pulled up a nice 12 lbs spring i'll get the cordanites(i think thats how u spell it)and i'll post it on here

I fish a lot in nanaimo waters and snake is one of the spots I havent had a lot of success. This year I did really well right off pipers beach or the rocks from neck to rocky point in 40 to 70 ft of water. Do you do much winter chinook in nanaimo?

quote:Originally posted by nine eyes deep

I fish a lot in nanaimo waters and snake is one of the spots I havent had a lot of success. This year I did really well right off pipers beach or the rocks from neck to rocky point in 40 to 70 ft of water. Do you do much winter chinook in nanaimo?
how has the seal problem been for you .I pretty much gave up in nanaimo two years ago because the seals pretty much took everything we hooked.:(

Tyee, I didnt have to many run ins with seals. It was worse a couple years ago

i havent been out for winter springs yet this year, most my fishing i did june through september, some fishing around march and april got some nice fish.

im hoping to get out after the weather improves:D

I am going to start soon as long as the weather cooperates. I dont think it will though. If you fish Nanaimo, give an email if you need a wingman.

well thats good to hear the problem is getting a little bit better.As for the winter springs i have heard of a few nice springs coming out of departure bay jan-march in previous years but not many.I don't know anybody that consistantly goes out for winter springs in nanaimo.so post any reports and let us know how you do.

Thanx for the info tyee2112. I probably wont get out until January. I will post any results.

Back