Any one know the stringer system for double eagle 15.9 air chamber

Wheelerboy

I wanna foam the air cahmber in my double eagle. I picked up my Buddys dads old boat at the end of last winter. It is a old 15.9 (not sure of the year because deagle only usen cereal # before 79) it's got a 150 black max oiler and goes like stink. In was under cover since 93 and wasent used past 97 so the floors are still pretty good. My problem is I get water in the air compartment and a couple
pieces of 2x2 wood have appeared in there(floor/seat supports?) so I want to cut a hole for a ski locker between the seats and a hole for a battey box in the bow and use those holes and the little
hatch at rear of the deck to fill the boat with expanded foam then glass the floor and re gel coat the exterior of the hull and hopefully get another ten years out of her. I would like to know if anybody knows the stringer/bulkhead system for this boat. Does it go all the way to the front? Is there foam on the sides? Are there cross supports or do they run from front to back. Any one had the deck off these boats? Any other sugestions? Thanks
by the way the ski locker and battery boxes are for a electric motor that will be independant of the boats electrical so the locker won't be that big

First of all you have to be sure of where the water came from. If you do not stop the water the foam will soak it up and will be useless.

Right well I know it comes in through the floor cause it's not fiberglass. And a little through the bilge area(because of a shody bilge pump mount) both should be taken care of when I refiberglass everything. There might be a little on the transome plate for the motor but some siciflex and the re gelling should help. And the water in the bilge comes In from the drain plug which I will redo with a now threaded one. That foam shouldent be water permiable from what iv read. But I here what your saying. I guess I should just take the boat out to double eagle but they moved out of Richmond to the Interior and It is a old boat!!!

Ugh

Ugh. Well I emailed double eagle Told them what I was planing and asked them if they had a copy of the floor plans for my boat. I think they went to the wider beam in 80 or somthing. I guess l'll see how good there filing system is. I'm waiting for my buddy to get his bore scope extension for his snap on scope and I'll see how far that goes. I'm pretty convinced the is doable and if it dosent work I see my boat from time to time on craigslist for like 300 bucks. Honestly 200 pounds in the keel would probably be an impovment. It jumps out of the hole with a 19 anti cavitation prop with 5 people and starts Chine walkin at about 50 mph and I'm over reving at 5700rpm!! power is not a problem. I have 21p but it cavitates real bad and the boat is unstable at top
speed except on super flat days and it's still overreving at 5700. I have a removabe hard top and a beefy aluminum ski/utility bar and it's getting a little top heavy so really this exercise is to add some weight down low and forward. Ie the batteries and possibly leave the rear bulk head area open under the stock access port. There are foam tubes you can lay in the keel before you foam it and they will move water down hill so I could still empty/dry in a pinch.A friends friend has a similarly powerd deagle and he carrys 300 pounds of anchor chain in the bow. That's a lot o chain!!

Back