Another stolen Yamaha 9.9

Nope, still trying to get hydro in there. They used bolt cutters to get in, and cordless tools to remove the machine. Cutting all the cabling etc

yeah. this is why i didnt lock mine to the transom. when they stole my merc 3.5HP they just unscrewed it with no damage.
the 4 others they stole all from the dealer yard (GA Checkpoint) had major damage from cutoff wheels chewing into transoms and cables ripped. one poor guy with a welded on kicker plate had a 3ft by 4ft hole in his transom. thats gonna be a boat write off.
i'd rather they get my kicker (and i can get a new one) than get holes in the transom and cables cut. mine was the only one they removed the cables on properly and didnt cause any damage whatsoever.
cameras are useless. the dealer yard was fenced with cameras, lights, alarms and everything - they sliced a hole in the fence with an angle grinder and went to town for 3+hrs. were never caught.
post your kicker serial on http://www.stolenboats.ca/ and hope your insurance pays out.
also FYI dealers suck -- they promised their insurance would cover it, then when it didnt they promised $500 off a new one and they didnt end up giving me anything at all - not even a discount on a new one.

Last edited:
Stolen recently from my storage yard. Was bolted, even had the locking thumb screw mechanism, control model. They had a cordless cutoff wheel. Didn't stop them.
Sorry to hear , thats pathetic ! Don't need hydro, need a 85 lb rottie in the back that hasn't been fed for 1-2 days ........ Just sayin , hope ya get it back real soon in the working order it left !

Meeting with RCMP and I talks with city if richmond and Delta. **** getting real old real quick.

Keep your eyes peeled for yamaha 9.9's

Seems every time someone posts a stolen item, we have to remind people that threats of violence are not permitted here and that the authorities monitor publicly posted information. If you ever find yourself in an altercation that ends badly, these types of threats will be used against you. Posts of this nature will be removed.

More details. Year, model PT/PT? Where it was stolen Richmond? Anything that might help ID it like a big scratch or something? Lots of guys here always looking around and there is always the chance it could show up on CL in a few months.

Back