aluminum boats

staying alive

am looking to get a 22' aluminum cuddy --was looking at a yankee boat a Hewescraft 22' pacific sport soft top with cuddy ---vs a Lifetimer 22'built on the island in Duncan anyone have any opinions on lifetimer, there is lots of forums on the web about Hewescraft from the yanks in Alaska and Oregon but not much chatter about Lifetimer . us Canadians are so humble somebody speakup if you have a opinion

i drivepast life timer everyday,
they build alot of boats there and ship 90% of them to the east coast and great lakes area. Personaly, i think they are nice looking boats. Look stable and of good quality. I have also heard they are a wet ride though, but hey if your in a cabin, bring it!

Lifetimers are beatiful boats. Any welded aluminum will ride like a welded aluminum. Every now and then lifetimer puts some pretty good prices on their boats. My dream boat is a 27 ft cabin model. If you look at how many logging crew boats are lifetimers it is a pretty good indication at how tough they really are. Those guys kick the snot out of their boats. Buying in BC keeps our local boys working and lifetimer has cranked out a pile of boats over the years. Just my 2cents.:)

thanks for the come back ,yes I would really like to support our guys, was on their website looking at photo,s I really like the look of the 22'called the Rhema it is sweet .I really need the ultimate boat something for the salt but still able to take a load of kids to the lake for some fun.

signed
pondering in Langley

If you're look'n for a wellded aluminium job... Them Daigle boats are tough to beat IMO. They deserve a sniff if you're in the market.

Kev:

as I recall U owe us pics of the 32' w yami F4-350's??????????

Jim

quote:Originally posted by MyEscape

Thanks Mr Dean

Check us out!

www.eaglecraft.bc.ca

Cheers Kevin aka MyEscape

ps I look after sales there take a look at the website and form your own opinion. Please feel free to call me anytime.

Due to the delay in the open release of the yami 350 he decided to power his 33 charter boat dream with twin 300 suzuki outboards to be launched very soon pics to come. Will have pics of yami's 350 and new 9.9 Bad Boy Late August on one of are 26 footers.

However that being said so far I'm the most blown away by Merc Verado huge power and sooooo quiet.

That's why I love my job get to try it all out with out paying for it!!!

Sorry for the deviation of your post but I for one have a pretty good idea what is a nice boat however there are alot of nice boats out there. Only you can decide what's best for you!

Here's my list of requirements however yours might be different.

1. Rides and handles nice in all</u> weather conditions.(Without pounding or having to slow right down in rough weather)

2. Doesn't take an abundance of power to make it preform, but not chew through the gas.

3. Very stable side to side both on step and when achored.

4. Durability for total piece of mind.

5. Resale ability.

6. Is it Quiet, Comfortable, Dry and Warm.

7. Trailering Ability.

8. The Builder's Reputation and Quality.

9. Engine or Engines Make / Hsp / Model

10. Does the layout, standard features and options available work best for what you want to use the boat for.

11. Price!

May not be in this order.

Enjoy having fun researching, checking things out and with picking out your next boat.

Cheers ME

Daigle boats are a definite beauty. Have seen a few of the larger pleasure boats that are pretty much as pimped as it gets. A good indication of how tough bc made boats are is the number of boats loggers, piledrivers and the commercial guys have. Another thing with bc made aluminum boats is how rarely they come on the market used. It seems every one for sale comes from an owner upgrading to a larger boat. The technology in welded aluminum boats has come a long ways in recent years. Be sure to research a builders build/weld process. The reason lifetimer, daigle, coastal crafts and silver streaks are awesome is that those boys have built boats for awhile and figured out how to do it right.

Silverstreaks are as nice as any boat mentioned in this topic. Lifetimers dont impress me too much... Diagle's are really good as well, I used to guide out of them in the QCI and they ride WAY nicer than a Lifetimer. Just my 2 cents.

ME forgot to mention ALL then new friends and the FREE beer that they bring over just to have a look! :D

I don't really have a preference in which aluminum boat to buy, they all look good, but were it me, I would probably buy BC if only because they are all local, (relatively) small production shops that can 'customize' the boat to my needs/wants versus a stock American design.
Just an opinion.

Have you looked at silverstreaks yet? They have the best Cutty design IMO.

Yes Silver Streaks were good but I can tell you from first hand exprience the boat we won in the JDF derby the welds on the floor all broke and all we used it for was prawning and the odd time in the lakes and IT was not beat on. they did fix it but without a hassle and some a few problems.

Wolf

Not sure what size you are looking for, but Venture Riverboats in Chilliwack has some nice Customeld and Duckworth boats up to 24'.

was staying at Critter cove last summer in Nootka and a approx. 32+ Wolf boat came in for fuel named the "Alberta" it was so nice i was in awe.The fit and finish looked great.those albertan,s are making to much money . anyone own a Wolf ??????? what do you think.

hi, i have a wolf boat and have had it since march ,had it out for 10 days in the bamfield area as far as 25 miles offshore with no problems , great ride .Its a 21' windshield style with soft top 150hp honda on it, 9.9 kicker. lots of options, expensive but worth it.
Highflyn

highflyn, was that your boat in the shop this past winter being finished?
If so, sorry about the drool thing forward of the number 3 bulkhead...hope it got cleaned up....

quote:Originally posted by blueorca

highflyn, was that your boat in the shop this past winter being finished?
If so, sorry about the drool thing forward of the number 3 bulkhead...hope it got cleaned up....
quite posible, it was the one in middle and the one for the boat show was on it's left. Highflyn

Back