Aluminum boat side mods what to do?

What about keeping the 12" side and the putting hand rails at the front height of the forward sides. I think this will finish it more and also work well. I would put the supports on a forward facing angle I could maybe put a opening in on each side for the fuel fills?

ok so here are some idea of hand rails what one do you think will look and work the best.

option 1
tylerboaathandrail1.jpg

option 2
tylerboathandrail2.jpg

option 3
tylerboathandrail3.jpg

first one for sure...

It looks like the only design where the handrail would serve its purpose, plus it is complimentary to the boat.

I would try and blend it in more with the front section so the lines flow together. Otherwise it will look like an added on afterthought.

Your front section hand rail is sloping slightly downward toward the stern and then the new section looks fairly level. So the transition is obvious. The new section should follow the same slope downward at least where the two sections join. It could level out as you move aft.

I would have also included a triangular filler piece at the transition join as well. On top of the new 12 inch side to blend the existing to the new. The triangular piece could even have a slight downward curve on the top edge again to blend the two side pieces together to look like an original build.

I'm having a hard time understanding the triangle piece but if would help blend I would like to try it.

First one looks good. I was gonna suggest a back door so you could avoid the side. The railing looks old though.

Can't go through the back door if you have a fish on! If you think the railing looks old its made of pencil lead hahah

If you look at the front and top of your new 12 side piece, right where it meets the original...that would be the point of an upside down triangle. The long side of the triangle would join both top portions of the old and new sides so that the transition would be less abrupt.

Ok I will look at that I will need to buy another sheet of aluminum if I go that root!

Boat is here in Canada not really planning on pulling the boat 5 hours each way over the mountain pass.

I might I like the look of the half side with the hand rail. Gypseas change the boat to a mid cabin so it looks a lot different than it will when the sides are on.

Back