Almost ling season.

doug78

But now I'm curious about something.

How does one transport fish caught in a legal area, back to howe sound which is always closed to rockfish. Just hope I don't get stopped? Maybe I'm overthinking this...?

But now I'm curious about something.

How does one transport fish caught in a legal area, back to howe sound which is always closed to rockfish. Just hope I don't get stopped? Maybe I'm overthinking this...?
You document your catch on your license and transport the fish as you would otherwise. You are over thinking it but there is nothing wrong with being overly cautious these days.

You will have your trails on your chart plotter to prove where you were fishing

Great, overthinking. It just popped into my head and i couldnt get it out. Hopefully some decent weather early may so i can head north! Or west...undecided. I think north is closer.

I'm looking forward to ling season, I bought some swimbaits for the first time.
I was wondering about the best way to fish with them? After finding the bottom
is it a jigging, up a ways and then back to the bottom?

We treat them basically like any other jig, so yeah, down to the bottom then up and back down. If you can find the bottom pretty certainly, it doesn't hurt to let it rest for a couple of seconds before jigging up -- then it looks like a smaller fish breaking cover.

where I fish for ling there is a really strong current and I just let my swimbaits get pushed and around about 3 cranks off the bottom, works very well for me.

I had a bit of Ling gear, but just put in a Harbour Chander order for some swim baits and other misc ling stuff. Can't wait for Saturday! Looking forward to popping my Ling cherry so to speak.

If the winds pick up for the weekend I am going to cry.

Back