All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the story is that AZ did not apply for approval, so the government/health officials cannot be faulted here. Who knows why they did not apply.

My quick google-fu results indicate that AZ is not manufactured in the US.
This would leave me to believe that the US and Canada approach was similar in making purchase contracts with multiple vaccine producers.

But again, it would seem that Canada did not do as well as other countries, with this example the US, in getting delivery of the vaccines.
This is from March 11, it seems that AstraZeneca just can't catch a break. It's good stuff IMHO and made in the USA as well as other countries.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/11/us/politics/coronavirus-astrazeneca-united-states.html

Last edited:
Everyone in BC is now on track to receive a first dose of the vaccine by the end of June.
Priority frontline workers will now be able to receive a vaccine in March to May.
The timeline for the general population under the age of 80 has been accelerated.
http://gov.bc.ca/covidvaccine

Ewyg07DVcAAXltx

The next age cohort is eligible to call as early as Saturday, March 20. The call centre approach through health authorities has now been extended to include those born between the years of 1942 to 1951 (79-70 year olds) and Indigenous peoples born in 1966 and before (55 and over).

This age cohort call-in schedule will begin as follows:

• age 79 and Indigenous peoples 55 and older – Saturday, March 20 at noon
  • age 78 – Monday, March 22 at noon
  • age 77 – Tuesday, March 23 at noon
  • age 76 – Thursday, March 25 at noon
  • age 75 – Saturday, March 27 at noon
The call-in schedule for the age 70 to 74 age cohort will be announced in the coming days.

The provincial registration and booking system, both online and by phone, will be implemented starting April 6, 2021, for people between the ages of 65-69.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021PREM0021-000504

The next age cohort is eligible to call as early as Saturday, March 20. The call centre approach through health authorities has now been extended to include those born between the years of 1942 to 1951 (79-70 year olds) and Indigenous peoples born in 1966 and before (55 and over).

This age cohort call-in schedule will begin as follows:

• age 79 and Indigenous peoples 55 and older – Saturday, March 20 at noon
  • age 78 – Monday, March 22 at noon
  • age 77 – Tuesday, March 23 at noon
  • age 76 – Thursday, March 25 at noon
  • age 75 – Saturday, March 27 at noon
The call-in schedule for the age 70 to 74 age cohort will be announced in the coming days.

The provincial registration and booking system, both online and by phone, will be implemented starting April 6, 2021, for people between the ages of 65-69.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021PREM0021-000504
Yahoo, April 7th or so for me

Reactions: GLG
Just booked Covid shots for me and my wife.
Me 75 years old and my wife 72
You can book your wife or partner if they live with you and I think it may be within one age bracket as you?
Was on hold for maybe 5 minutes. Slick as a whistle
My complements to the (on this site) often maligned NDP government!
Here is the phone number 1 833 348-4787

The left doesn’t care one bit about any of that. He’s pretty and that’s all that matters.
You said it. This goes for every SCANDAL story these days. Nobody cares about how inept "their guy" is. The only people that are even reading this story are the ones that already hate him and want to have a laugh and a pat on the back in support. We saw it for the past 5 years with Trump. There's no swaying opinions because everyone's too lazy to think critically or unbiased. On both sides.

Just booked Covid shots for me and my wife.
Me 75 years old and my wife 72
You can book your wife or partner if they live with you and I think it may be within one age bracket as you?
Was on hold for maybe 5 minutes. Slick as a whistle
My complements to the (on this site) often maligned NDP government!
Here is the phone number 1 833 348-4787
Congrat's on getting an appointment for the vaccine. Wasn't the call in date for the 75 year olds not until March 27th? Curious for my parents. They are 74 and 72 and anxiously awaiting their turn.

March 22, 2021 vaccine rollout data.

ExHc7dSVgAE_i5X

ExHctAJUUAIZCvX

ExHbj1BUcAMVqTy

ExHcB7QVoAY5cBy

Congrat's on getting an appointment for the vaccine. Wasn't the call in date for the 75 year olds not until March 27th? Curious for my parents. They are 74 and 72 and anxiously awaiting their turn.
A friend called us and said "they are taking appointments for 75 year olds and we just booked"
So I phoned the number and the recording said if you are over 75 stay on the line. We did, gave them all my info and I asked about my 73 year old wife and was told, yes we can book her too if she lives in the same household as you and is over 70.
We gave the number to another 75 year old friend and they booked that morning with the same experience.
Another friend who didn't call till the next day told us that when he phoned the message now said over 80 can book. He stayed on the line and told them our story about being 75 and booking the day before and the lady simply said "I can book you" and did.
All the news now is very specific on when you can book.
Go figure eh??
I would be the very last one to try and cheat and jump the line, believe me!

A friend called us and said "they are taking appointments for 75 year olds and we just booked"
So I phoned the number and the recording said if you are over 75 stay on the line. We did, gave them all my info and I asked about my 73 year old wife and was told, yes we can book her too if she lives in the same household as you and is over 70.
We gave the number to another 75 year old friend and they booked that morning with the same experience.
Another friend who didn't call till the next day told us that when he phoned the message now said over 80 can book. He stayed on the line and told them our story about being 75 and booking the day before and the lady simply said "I can book you" and did.
All the news now is very specific on when you can book.
Go figure eh??
I would be the very last one to try and cheat and jump the line, believe me!
That's awesome. I wasn't suggesting that you were trying to cheat at all. Just curious, this pandemic has been such an evolving and dynamic situation that just when you think you know the guidelines it all changes. It certainly isn't easy to navigate for many. I'll pass that number on to my parents, thank you.

Prince Rupert hopes for end to pandemic after community clinic vaccinates vast majority of city's adults​

Mar 23, 2021
On Monday night, a community-wide vaccination clinic at Prince Rupert's Jim Ciccone Civic Centre closed, marking the conclusion of an intensive eight-day vaccination campaign.

Clinic staff told city officials more 7,000 shots were administered. Just over 9,000 adults reside in Prince Rupert.

"There were so many people from the community, it was mind blowing," said Riley. "You don't even get that many people out to vote, right?"

The participation rate, and potential for herd immunity, is sparking hope the port town will become a safe harbour from the COVID-19 pandemic.

"I can't say anything but positive," said Prince Rupert interim Mayor Wade Niesh.

"It all helps, right? This vaccine is just getting our community to that point where eventually everyone will be this year, everyone in the province will be there ... some sort of normalcy."

Niesh says the city will continue to support all provincial pandemic restrictions and advice on masking, social distancing and hygiene.
Niesh praised the more than 400 residents that volunteered at the clinic, calling its success a community effort.

More:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...community-wide-covid-vaccine-clinic-1.5961013

People deemed clinically extremely vulnerable prioritized for COVID-19 vaccine​

jdWH2zOo

People at higher risk from COVID-19 due to existing medical conditions, such as various forms of cancer, transplant recipients and severe respiratory conditions, will be able to register for their COVID-19 vaccine beginning Monday, March 29, 2021.

The accelerated timelines for B.C.’s COVID-19 immunization plan mean approximately 200,000 people in B.C. aged 16 years and older who are clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) are eligible to receive their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine in the coming weeks. Some of the CEV population will have already been immunized as part of B.C.’s age-based vaccine program (currently 75 years and older).

“B.C. has made tremendous progress on our age-based vaccine program,” said Adrian Dix, Minister of Health. “Now, we are able to expand to those people who are at increased risk from COVID-19 due to underlying medical conditions or various medical treatments. Clinical experts have now determined those who have a high risk of severe illness from the virus and now have the vaccine supply to protect these most vulnerable people.”

Expert physicians and providers in cancer care, kidney diseases and other conditions causing compromised immunity worked with public health and international COVID-19 data to define B.C.’s updated CEV list to ensure those most at risk of severe illness from COVID-19 are prioritized first (see backgrounder).

Those people identified as CEV will receive a letter in the mail in the coming days with information on how to book an appointment, beginning March 29, 2021. People who receive this invitation letter must bring it with them to their vaccination appointment.

If people who believe they are in the CEV group have not received a letter by April 15, 2021, they can contact the provincial call centre or visit the get vaccinated provincial online registration and booking system, which is scheduled to launch on April 6, to confirm if they are on the CEV list. If they are not on the CEV list, they can reach out to their physician or nurse practitioner about their eligibility.

“Since day one of our immunization plan, we have set out to protect those who are most at risk to COVID-19,” said Dr. Penny Ballem, executive lead, B.C.’s immunization plan. “We used clinical evidence from around the world and clinical expertise and patient registries in B.C. to develop this list and look forward to taking another important step forward in our immunization plan.”

Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, said: “Through this additional immunization, we are able to relieve a significant burden from those who are extremely clinically vulnerable to severe illness from COVID-19. This is another encouraging step forward for all of us as we continue to ramp up our immunization efforts.”

The CEV-based booking process will run parallel to the ongoing age-based booking schedule.

This schedule is being accelerated, starting with those born in 1945 able to book starting Wednesday, March 24. The revised health authority eligibility call-in schedule follows:

• age 76 (born in 1945) – Wednesday, March 24 at noon
  • age 75 (born in 1946) – Thursday, March 25 at noon
  • age 74 (born in 1947) – Friday, March 26 at noon
  • age 74+, and CEV population (must have invitation letter to book) – Monday, March 29 noon
Learn More:

For the full CEV list and criteria, visit: http://gov.bc.ca/cevCOVID

One of my older brother is a construction supervisor working on the Coastal Gas Link project. They got their first shots this morning.

ExLm8jqU8AYRt2K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back