Ads appear to be affecting my ability to type posts on this site

Text input field clearing issue seems to be fixed now.
Did the changes that were made to the ad code last week help with the site loading faster? Has the issue with the text input field clearing while you're typing messages get fixed? Let us know if you're still seeing issues so we can follow up.

Thanks,
Chris

I’m still finding that the site is basically unusable from my laptop. For reference I have absolutely no issues on my laptop with any other sites. I posted this from my iPhone as I couldn’t do it from my laptop.

I’m still finding that the site is basically unusable from my laptop. For reference I have absolutely no issues on my laptop with any other sites. I posted this from my iPhone as I couldn’t do it from my laptop.
Thanks for letting me know. What kind of laptop do you use and what operating system is it running?

We made some optimization changes to the ad code a couple of weeks ago. Has this situation improved at all on your laptop?
I'm using the laptop to reply to this message and it is working much better. I'm able to type now and don't seem to be getting interference and slowing while looking at other threads. Thanks for the concern and doing something about it 👍

I'm using the laptop to reply to this message and it is working much better. I'm able to type now and don't seem to be getting interference and slowing while looking at other threads. Thanks for the concern and doing something about it 👍
Great, thanks for letting me know. Cheers.

Great, thanks for letting me know. Cheers.
I perhaps spoke too soon. I have been trying to use the site on my laptop and it’s acting similar to before. One of the messages that appears in bottom left corner is “waiting for securepubads.g.double click.net”. Wouldn’t let me type or switch topics or pages. I’m sending this message on my iPhone.

Last edited:
Back