A Total Bust

John Ingram

That is a total bust for me this year.... No salmon from Gonzales point, Ten Mile point or the Breakwater.
Nada... not even a sniff for the month of August and same so far in September. Just 2 small lings.
The Month of August was good for me last year as I had 5 salmon in the first 2 weeks.
Very little bait anywhere that I fished and not a sign of even a salmon rising. A total waste of $30 for a license this year. If the reg's stay the same I think I will not even get a license next year.

That is a total bust for me this year.... No salmon from Gonzales point, Ten Mile point or the Breakwater.
Nada... not even a sniff for the month of August and same so far in September. Just 2 small lings.
The Month of August was good for me last year as I had 5 salmon in the first 2 weeks.
Very little bait anywhere that I fished and not a sign of even a salmon rising. A total waste of $30 for a license this year. If the reg's stay the same I think I will not even get a license next year.
It’s $30. Come on guy.

Fishing was slower this year. I went to Nootka June, Bamfield July, and Tofino August. Average one fish per six hours. Last year was a fish every two hours. No double header this year, multiple doubles last year. In each place the salmon are eating tiny bait fish. Last year bigger bait fish. Who knows, next year could be on fire. It's fishing.

Vancouver so far is not what it was last Sept. Less fish and I’d say fish are smaller. Most of ours have been less than 15 lbs so far. Last year we fished into Oct and got fish pretty well every outing in the 20 lbs plus range. It’s an average or poor year. Probably something to do with not being able to fish in July\Aug. who knows maybe July/Aug woulda been awesome. The average tax payer gets screwed again.

Seems like there has been a decent number of tyees tho weighed in this year in Vancouver. Pacific anglers blog mentioned a 50 pounder being caught

It really is tough fishing from shore and trying to catch at least one salmon let alone 10 for the year. I usually get out with
friends to do at least a bit of trolling and mooching but they have basically not gone out at all for the season.
I'm trying to fish while fighting the rocks,birds, seals, sea lions, whales,whale tour boats, kelp, kayaks, paddle boards,
current,tides,wind,and new dfo regs. Maybe next year I'll try and dig up a small boat to at least do a bit of trolling for winter springs
or mooching during next August. Time to save the pennies and see what boat I can fish up.

I had one so/so trip and another with next to no Salmon at all this summer so next year it's One Big Blowout and if that's a bust I'm selling out-enough is enough.

However if international travel happens sooner rather than later then inshore dragging a Blue/White hootchie around for Skipjacks, Toro, & Mackerel might win out.

It can’t be that good I think area g trollers are still fishing and they have been out since August 1.

I’ve had a great year fishing and exploring new waters

Caught way more than I thought I would

Our friends, neighbors as well as ourselves have been and will continue to eat the finest food you can

I’ve had a great year fishing and exploring new waters

Caught way more than I thought I would
Our friends, neighbors as well as ourselves have been and will continue to eat the finest food you can

Yes you can do that when fishing from a boat..... not so EASY casting from the shore.

You expect the Fraser mouth fishery to get better when the main abundant stock gets absolutley annihilated in the river every season?

Thank God we have the Vedder hatchery as well as Cap hatchery to provide us fish to catch at the mouth now.

Take away the marbles and whites at the mouth now and imagine how ****** the fishing would be.

WMY, why do think 2016 and 2020 were so crappy?

Last edited:
That's why i don't fish from shore...too limiting

Well some of us have only the shore fishing to put the meat on the table.

We do not have a salmon on out licenses this year. Caught many during nonretention time. Very bad year for springs this year. Don't feel bad.

Back