23 Hourston podding

Another thing I didn't realize until recently is outboards measure hp at the prop whereas the IOs measure at the crank. So that a consideration and that 300hp sounds like an awesome option for our waters. I really do appreciate the duo prop on my VP drive.

Awesome looks great from the decks of the Langdale ferry anyway. Are you pleased with the outcome? Interesting how they flared the pod lower. Looks sweet.

Awesome looks great from the decks of the Langdale ferry anyway. Are you pleased with the outcome? Interesting how they flared the pod lower. Looks sweet.
I’m not sure how I feel about it spending money makes me feel weird. The flare is going to get in the way of a transducer I think . Need a few days to digest it all

I hate it when they grind the welds down, especially on corner to corner joints...... dimes look way better , and also stronger..... looks good though man. How thick are those gussets? Every pod maker does things different , I’m always noticing the different little things they do here and there. Look forward to seeing the boat in the water this year. Where’s it going to be fishing this season ?

I hate it when they grind the welds down, especially on corner to corner joints...... dimes look way better , and also stronger..... looks good though man. Every pod maker does things different , I’m always noticing the different little things they do here and there. Look forward to seeing the boat in the water this year. Where’s it going to be fishing this season ?
Well as long as she doesn’t leak I guess it’s good right.. she will be out fishing sooke Although I got a real hankering to go back to Nootka or bamfield. I basically gutted the interior so I got a **** load of work.. all new wiring ect ect

Well as long as she doesn’t leak I guess it’s good right.. she will be out fishing sooke Although I got a real hankering to go back to Nootka or bamfield. I basically gutted the interior so I got a **** load of work.. all new wiring ect ect
Yeah be a beauty when your all done forsure...... bamfield for me

I’m not sure how I feel about it spending money makes me feel weird. The flare is going to get in the way of a transducer I think . Need a few days to digest it all
Screw up your courage and drill a hole in your hull for your transducer.

Screw up your courage and drill a hole in your hull for your transducer.
We were going to do that but transducer was 2 weeks out. Not enough time to have them do it. Turns out they had the boat for 5 weeks after that. In the end 3 week job turned into 7. At this point just happy to have it back

We were going to do that but transducer was 2 weeks out. Not enough time to have them do it. Turns out they had the boat for 5 weeks after that. In the end 3 week job turned into 7. At this point just happy to have it back
glue a block of starboard to the transom and fix transducer to it. don’t drill any more holes. lots of diagrams and dos and donts. you want clean water going over transducer. pod looks awesome

I cut The hole in the bottom of my Striper. Not that hard once i convinced myself it was the right thing to do. Much better performance than the one I had hanging off the transom. Looking at your set up, it’s going to be very difficult to find a spot for a transducer. How about an in Hull?

I cut The hole in the bottom of my Striper. Not that hard once i convinced myself it was the right thing to do. Much better performance than the one I had hanging off the transom. Looking at your set up, it’s going to be very difficult to find a spot for a transducer. How about an in Hull?

Mine is through as well, no big deal especially since inlet marine did the cutting haha

If that fresh water pickup is not being used then just use that hole for a thru hull transducer. The Airmar models come in different versions to accommodate your deadrise

Ahh sorry I was meaning a raw water washdown that’s what the valve looks like it was used for before ?

Back