2024 Powell River Reports

Thanks for the report! We should be up there next week and will report. What general area in Toba are you fishing?

Thanks for the report! We should be up there next week and will report. What general area in Toba are you fishing?
We got one about 9 pounds at Dean Pt on the tide change. White hootchie at 124’. Other guys were catching them on plugs. I will be up there again in the next few days and put in a longer shift and report back. I won’t forget my plugs or my anchovies next time.

Hi folks, Sunshine Coaster / Squamish guy here. Boating up to Savary Island area with the fam this coming week (2 young boys and wife), and looking for some general info on decent tacks in the area. Will be in a 26' Hourston flybridge.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I am aware of the regulations and local RCAs. 👍

1719248343058.png

Busy day on the water, 10 wild coho, 2 marked coho, those were keepers. 1 Chinook 2 cm too big and the other Chinook 5 cm too small. Trolled around Rebecca Rock 140-160 ft with a banana flasher and hoochie and our new Crucifish bar with Coho killer. I did get that oversized Chinook at 200 ft.

Definitely a good day on the 15th. Started at the south end of Limekiln bay on the 200' contour. 230 on one rigger 100' on the other. Purple haze flasher / hoochie combo on both. Nothing until we skirted Rebecca Rock, then two double headers in a row. Decent Chinook on the deep line & hatch coho on the shallow. Had a couple of long line coho releases between. Lines in the water for maybe 90 minutes.
Tidied up the boat & drifted for a while, just enjoying the view & the weather. Gorgeous day! F'ing NUTS at the boat ramp!

actually, the last two times out, it's been a bit frustrating for us. Lots of big fish not getting hooked well enough.
Lost three really nice Chinook right beside the boat. One, after a 20 minute fight. Lots of coho, but most were wild. Had a great whale show every time out, this year. Worth the price of admission!

Quick update, was in desolation / pendrell the past week. Had to wait for the gas dock at refuge to open and went for a quick fish off the wall at the entrance as you would approach Lewis channel. Nailed a pair of 75s bam bam inside the first bay on the stricture with white hoochies at 130'.

On my way out yesterday I dropped into Sarah pt to try and shake off the no fish curse from that area...nailed a 74 quickly and was off. What a stunning trip it was...also got into them at the very bottom of Waddington.

Out last wed. with daughter for evening bite. Late report, sorry. first line down for 30 seconds... and bam! Cried a tear while releasing a beauty 89 cm Chinook. Not much more action til an hour before sunset, then it got crazy. Multiple double strikes. lots never made it to the boat. Took home a 68 & a 76. Purple haze hoochie combo did most of the work. Spoons just not working for me this year. running 240 - 220 on the riggers in 200 to 300 depth. (20 lb balls) 3 - 4" herring in stomachs. Most action around the 50' "knob" on the Vancouver Island side of Rebecca Rock.

Last edited:
We fished Rebecca rocks last night, there was 5 or so boats out. I followed some their tacks as Ive never been there. We marked some fish right on bottom in 250ft with no takers, trying a few spoons and a hoochie. We saw 1 boat net a small one. Gonna try to find some fish agian mid morning today when the breeze is supposed to die down.

I fished from 7 to 5 today...started at 2nd beach in the am..released 5 or so undersize chinook and another few wild coho to get one hatchery. Bent to F coho killer in cop car with some halibut gel rubbed on it at 100 ft caught the most. Moved over to coho point after dropping the wife off at noon in a bit of wind and instantly caught a big hatch coho on the no bannanas skinny G.

Pretty new to jigging...pumped a norweigan jig on a few pinacles with no luck...dont know the area....trolled a small weighted swim bait at 200ft on the down rigger and caught the smallest ling cod ever lol

Attachments

• 20240811_144116.jpg
    20240811_144116.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 26
Back