Status
Not open for further replies.
Out yesterday at the crack of dawn as crew for a buddy. Not a ton of boats out there, maybe 30 in sight in Nahmint. We did get 1 jack that was released.
I find that this time of year is always interesting because you only hear about the people who have gotten onto a school and produced. I'm here to tell you that it isn't 'on' here yet.
The Sproat River webcam is often empty too.

Last edited:
Out yesterday at the crack of dawn as crew for a buddy. Not a ton of boats out there, maybe 30 in sight in Nahmint. We did get 1 jack that was released.
I find that this time of year is always interesting because you only hear about the people who have gotten onto a school and produced. I'm hear to tell you that it isn't 'on' here yet.
Yeah but you gotta try 👍

I find that this time of year is always interesting because you only hear about the people who have gotten onto a school and produced. I'm hear to tell you that it isn't 'on' here yet.
webcam inactivity is a good thing , means there not zipping straight through like last year ,there staging , jumping like crazy in areas im hearing from cous to nahmint this am ,nice size too , any day now imo.....were gonna try midweek a couple days....warm weather coming , could ignite them...

Does anyone bounce bottom at Nahmint bay? I imagine it's sandy. Dragged bottom with swimbaits off the cannonball at French Creek last month and it was highly effective. Might give it a try tomorrow at nahmint after fishing for sox...
What do you catch dragging swim baits that deep? Ling?

webcam inactivity is a good thing , means there not zipping straight through like last year ,there staging , jumping like crazy in areas im hearing from cous to nahmint this am ,nice size too , any day now imo.....were gonna try midweek a couple days....warm weather coming , could ignite them...
Or they just aren’t getting past Paper Mill Dam for some reason

Tried yesterday early and had one line pop all morning. Hung out and did maintenance in hook bay. On the way home I saw two fish landed around four pm.Man did those guys sound happy, I'm pretty sure they had been fishing since early as well.Anyways on the way home noticed wY more fish than in the morning on the lowrance. Tried lone tree first light this morning and had my fish in an hour.

Seen any action yet?

Hi
just got back , didnt bother with the sox yet , heard it was still pretty quiet , will wait till we get some consistency and warmer weather , went and scratched up a few springs in the sound , tough sledding for my crew , still had a blast.....
Few guys cleaning fish this morning at the dock said lone tree was good. Nothing for us at nahmint

Few guys cleaning fish this morning at the dock said lone tree was good. Nothing for us at nahmint
I have come to realize that early in the morning you have yo go where the boats are as the summer residents at china creek are out every day and they are finding the fish and know where the hot spots were the day before plus typically the schools are heading closer to the river so they move their fishing spot accordingly. Cant beat the guys who are out there every day all summer long.

I know a few locals did very well catching fish on most days for fish cannings or smoking the fish. They trolled all over in the canal. I know one limited out on sockeyes in front of old bc ferry docked up at plywood mill dock a decade ago.

I have come to realize that early in the morning you have yo go where the boats are as the summer residents at china creek are out every day and they are finding the fish and know where the hot spots were the day before plus typically the schools are heading closer to the river so they move their fishing spot accordingly. Cant beat the guys who are out there every day all summer long.
Tons over on the underwood side this morning and didn't see anybody grabbing a net... I was on the other side past dunsmuir and picked up 2. 1 4.3lb and another a fair bit smaller maybe 3lb. Slow day for me.

Tons over on the underwood side this morning and didn't see anybody grabbing a net... I was on the other side past dunsmuir and picked up 2. 1 4.3lb and another a fair bit smaller maybe 3lb. Slow day for me.
I don’t net socks. I just grab the flasher and haul them into the boat and get the gear down again as fast as I can lol but yeah it has been pretty slow but at least they are there.

Left the dock at 6 this morning and was done by 7:47. My Cousins both said it was the best day this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back