Status
Not open for further replies.
Any particular spots or tactics to try? First time fishing the Inlet so its all new to me.
Run 4 rods, spread out gear 20’ apart on the riggers and try 4 diffferent pieces of gear. At least 1 white hootchie, 1 pink squirt, and a couple of different Skinny G spoons. Fish from China Creek all the way down to Polly’s Point. Start fairly shallow and go deeper as day progresses.

First light as mentioned is critical coming out of China Creek hug the wall on your starboard side up to the red marker at the narrows/ Lone Tree. Carry on towards Coulson/ Polly point and look for bait on sounder and you should have success.

Well, 2 days in at China Creek and as predicted pretty tough fishing. Nothing to the boat yet, or anything more than a short strike really. Fished first light to 11 on Tuesday, and 1730 to last light. Today (Weds) we fished the same morning shift, 2 hours in the afternoon for high tide, and evening fish again. Tried down China Creek Wall and up across from Cous, and Franklin Wall this morning. What we could access of them anyway, tonnes of gill nets and seiners set everywhere which has been limiting access. Not complaining about it, I know they get limited time just a contributing factor. Most consistent hits have been on a couple of old, chewed up white plugs I got at a yard sale of all things. Did find what I think looked like a school of Coho on the finder this afternoon and missed a couple on hoochies in there. Sitting on the beach having a beer in the dark as I write this and can hear them splashing around in the shallows. Might shift the focus tomorrow.

Head to pill point in the morning, you'll get coho and the odd spring. Skinny g spoons and hoochies on short leaders and troll fast

Well, didn't make it to Pill. Probably good advice, but time was short and this was the first multi day trip with the boat since we got it, so still working our seamanship skills and trust in the boat up to the longer runs.

I will let my dog Perle summarize the rest of our fishing in the Inlet this week.

20230913_072431.jpg
20230914_152428.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back