2023 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished out front tonight with some friends. 5 nice springs and 3 coho in about 2 hours. White hootchie on one side and Irish Cream spoon on the other. Bait thick inside the 150’ contour. Beauty night out there too.

Another great day out there
Little q, 2 Chinook on anchovies! Kept one as it was bleeding but the fish are getting a little tanned. Fishing 90 down in 90 feet of water. Weeds galore, painful

French creek one nice coho and one chrome spring. No bananas spoon. For both

Gave ballenas a pass looking for a hatch coho and caught a massive pink, 6-7 pounds?? Though it was a coho. Released, one wild coho released

Flat calm. Great day

Had a nice morning at the river mouth yesterday with a pal in our kayaks. Fished 9-11am and jigged up our limit: 19.5, 16, 13, and 10.5. As SK said, they're starting to show their age. Still excellent quality, though. Looking forward to sashimi and smoked chinook 👌

Went out today, zero…zilch… it’s over….everyone stop coming out…don’t waste your time. Tell your friends.

Had that happen a week ago, come to find out one spoon I had out had the hook break off, other side swivel at flasher broke and my hootchie was gone!

Quick evening troll after work last night, lots of pinks and coho. Coho were down deep but smaller than what I found a month back.

Beautiful day off French Creek Friday. Lost quite a few pinks at the boat and one long distance release with something big (damned barbless hooks) and tons of dog fish; one stole my favorite spoon too! Did not stay out for the evening bite but still came home with 6 (3 pinks & 3 Coho). Was hoping for a spring or two but found them elusive. Spoke to some other fishers at the dock who managed to get some springs so I don't know what I'm doing wrong, any advice would be appreciated. Should I try at the river??? If you are OK to share info but do not want the world to know you can PM me. Thanks & Cheers; Twogone

How’s everyone doing ? Hopefully some salmon still around next week when I take some friends out but more interested in getting some crab. Anyone have any luck out there don’t seem to get any by the humps anymore. Also hoping to get into prawning this winter for the first time so any tips would be greatly appreciated

How’s everyone doing ? Hopefully some salmon still around next week when I take some friends out but more interested in getting some crab. Anyone have any luck out there don’t seem to get any by the humps anymore. Also hoping to get into prawning this winter for the first time so any tips would be greatly appreciated
No problem catching winter springs or coho 5-7 pounds. Havent had a heavy in a while.

Taking a break this weekend and will try again later in month hopefully the coho pack on a few pounds....

Another beautiful day on the water. Went to the LQ and 3 of us fished from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Boated 6 springs and lost 3 more. Most were surprisingly bright considering the time of year. One was a 30" Juvenile, no milt or eggs. One good rain and they will all be gone. Many thanks to the fisher that PM'd me some tips. Cheers; Twogone

Tried little Q at 6 AM for 3-4 hours, didn't get a single bite. There were big springs finning and jumping all over the place but nothing interested in biting. We then moved over to the humps and got 4 Coho and 2 springs in the next 2 hours. One spring was 25lbs. There was fish everywhere there as well. Plugs on the bottom were the ticket.

Went out for a solo adventure yesterday. Day started with forgetting to take the stern straps off and trying to launch the boat, usually the wife takes them off lol. Was calm when I first got out but the easterly winds picked up quickly. Could only manage running one rod. Green flasher and Irish cream skinny G were doing pretty good. Couple just under sized chinooks a beauty 10 pound wild coho. Also picked up an undersized ling on the troll. At one point the sounder lit up with a school of fish so I stopped trolling and through a herring aid jig down and nailed a coho right away. Lost it beside the boat, beauty last day out there !

Attachments

• IMG_7845.jpeg
    IMG_7845.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back