Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out sunday in search of a ling. Fished snake island and around fingers, any humps and drop offs I could find, not a single sniff. still new to fishing for these and have yet to catch my first keeper, but I would have expected at least a rockfish or undersized. Can't seem to keep them off when I'm NOT targeting them. Still a bit to learn I guess haha

Went out to the fingers and tried trolling for some coho, marked lots of fish 30-50' and some deeper 100-130'. Tried targeting the shallow ones but couldn't keep springs off the line. All 5-8lbs, good fighters but no coho. Picked up and moved out to entrance for some ling. Wind picked up big time so trolled swim baits. Ran the entire length of the reef, caught two nice rock cod, lost a nice ling at the boat and donated a cannon ball. Was a great night on the water. Marked a ton of fish and bait over the reef.

Anyone out for coho lately around Entrance or Thrasher? Gonna cross Saturday and try. The Nanoose reports were good a week or two ago…

Anyone out for coho lately around Entrance or Thrasher? Gonna cross Saturday and try. The Nanoose reports were good a week or two ago…
What are you going for? It seems like Saturday is going to be really nice. I was thinking about hunting down a MSF opening somewhere. What's still open other than Jervis?

What are you going for? It seems like Saturday is going to be really nice. I was thinking about hunting down a MSF opening somewhere. What's still open other than Jervis?
17-6 and 17-9 are still open for a hatch spring… Tent Island in 17-6 can be good, but mostly wilds there in my limited experience, got one hatch there in May
I think I’m gonna try to find the schools of coho I heard were around Nanaimo/Nanoose in the past couple weeks. But I like to burn gas so who knows where I’ll end up.

Spoke to a fellow in the neighborhood who had just been fishing. They got into some coho off the fingers yesterday. Didn’t ask how deep or lures.
So it seems like they are around.

Went out to the fingers and tried trolling for some coho, marked lots of fish 30-50' and some deeper 100-130'. Tried targeting the shallow ones but couldn't keep springs off the line. All 5-8lbs, good fighters but no coho. Picked up and moved out to entrance for some ling. Wind picked up big time so trolled swim baits. Ran the entire length of the reef, caught two nice rock cod, lost a nice ling at the boat and donated a cannon ball. Was a great night on the water. Marked a ton of fish and bait over the reef.
What a world we live in where those darn springs get in the way of coho fishing. They’re basically an invasive species now!

What a world we live in where those darn springs get in the way of coho fishing. They’re basically an invasive species now!
I talked to a guy last night kayak fishing off neck point and he said the same thing.. said he got towed around by a 20+lb spring and couldn't get to the coho.

Just got out today for this years maiden voyage and bonked three hatchery coho off Entrance. Released a couple of wild as well and half a dozen chinook between ten and twenty pounds. Add one rock fish and humpback close encounters and it all added up to a most excellent first day on the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back