Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always liked green and white flasher and an army truck hoochie. Black and white is referred to as “cop car” I like green and white spoons, with a six ft leader, flasher is just an attractor. I usually fish one combo on one side and another on the other and see what gets more hits. They say darker colours as the fish get darker, I don’t know though. I just use tried and true, army truck hoochies, cop car hoochies, cop car spoons, green and white hoochies spoons. Chovies herring,They all work. Good luck out there!
I’d say persistence and putting the time in leads to success, as long as there’s fish out there.

I’ve always liked green and white flasher and an army truck hoochie. Black and white is referred to as “cop car” I like green and white spoons, with a six ft leader, flasher is just an attractor. I usually fish one combo on one side and another on the other and see what gets more hits. They say darker colours as the fish get darker, I don’t know though. I just use tried and true, army truck hoochies, cop car hoochies, cop car spoons, green and white hoochies spoons. Chovies herring,They all work. Good luck out there!
Thanks for the reply. I would have gravitated to the cop car and army truck as well, but this guy using a jet black hootchie as his lure of choice had me thinking. I think I will try it out this winter but I always have a hard time fishing more than fifteen minutes with a lure I am not sure about before I figure it doesn't work and switch it out!

Thanks for the reply. I would have gravitated to the cop car and army truck as well, but this guy using a jet black hootchie as his lure of choice had me thinking. I think I will try it out this winter but I always have a hard time fishing more than fifteen minutes with a lure I am not sure about before I figure it doesn't work and switch it out!
Np. It’s a good idea, to check your gear for peanuts that you don’t know you are dragging or if you bounce bottom. I like running with what I know I’ve caught fish on, have a hard time trying new lures ect. Check out my buddy’s YouTube channel “huntfish maniac” he’s a good guy fishes out of Powell river, full of knowledge and willing to share. Hope you slay some nice winter springs!

Keep in mind, the deeper you go, colours arnt colors anymore.
1697376130974.png

Keep in mind, the deeper you go, colours arnt colors anymore.
Which is why I wonder when we are fishing 180-200+ feet deep around here that it is more vibration rather than visual that is attracting them. Maybe that's why black works, because everything would be a shade of gray at that depth anyway.

Which is why I wonder when we are fishing 180-200+ feet deep around here that it is more vibration rather than visual that is attracting them. Maybe that's why black works, because everything would be a shade of gray at that depth anyway.
I know for early low light conditions black is a good bet as it stands out even better against the light that's there. I've been wondering about this quite a bit recently as well, I've also read that winter springs eat lanternfish which are black with glow so maybe that's the angle?

Wrapped up the year with a flat calm morning and non stop chunky winters at entrance.

Happy new year all!
Figured it was good over there despite the ghost town on this thread the past while. Maybe I’ll cross the flat calm Salish today & give it a shot…. We’ll roll the dice at the launch.
Cheers for the report!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back