Status
Not open for further replies.
My home area is Howe Sound but flew into Masset Monday. First of 2 charters didn’t start till today so drove down to Daajing Giids and hit all stops in between and stocked up for our trips Pushed off at 7:30 this morning. Under 10km wind most of the day And it was super hot. Worked a naked cut plug on one side and a whole herring in an anchovy teaser for 9 hours. Got a 27 and a 20 to show sticking until it pays at Wiah Point for the 2 of us. Stayed in 40-80 feet of water the whole time, 10-15 mm of rain with 20-30 SE waiting for us tomorrow. Masset is my favourite place to be!IMG_0156.jpegIMG_0330.jpegIMG_0334.jpeg

Last day of our Masset visit. It only blew the 20-30 km SE forecasted for only the first couple of hours and then laid down very calm for the rest of the day. Kept our 2 open chinook possession spots open for injured fish. After an active afternoon only filled 1 spot for a bleeder. These fish are very angry fighters full of pi** and vinegar. All fish released boatside removing the hook with a gaff. Most were in the 15-20 lb range. Wiah Point again at 33 feet in 50-60 feet of water. Bait, plugs and spoons all produced but spoons produced the most. Felt like I just spent 2 days in Narnia. Coming home with 3 fish between the 2 of us which is plenty. We only fresh out this fish amongst family and friends versus freezing, IMG_0389.jpegIMG_0390.jpegIMG_0391.jpegIMG_0392.jpeg

The fishing in Skidegate Channel has been phenomenal. With the 1-spring limit, it's really a joke. On our 4 trips out so far, we got and landed double-headers in the first 15 minutes, meaning we were immediately done for the day. Fortunately, the sea has other tasty fish and crustaceans to offer.

But I do know that the tuna have been around for a bit they have been doing well and its only a 5or 10 mile run offshore

I’m up here for the derby first day of the derby is a weather delay we’ll be fishing tomorrow guys are getting pretty excited and I was out 2 days ago and the fish showed up on the 500’ contour (2 miles)

Was up there last week. Got one day of good weather and one with the wind blowing pretty good. Albies were there, but not really on the chew. Had to work for the ones we got. We caught em 12-25 miles from the point. The 26 mile run in the Skidegate channel from the marina to the point was very cool and smooth both ways. Overall distances were equal to or less than we usually run in open water the whole way down here, so bonus for sure!

The forecast for the next couple of days calls for sustained winds over 20 knots all week-end, with swells increasing from 3 meters on Saturday to over 6 by Sunday evening. It will be lively!

Was up there last week. Got one day of good weather and one with the wind blowing pretty good. Albies were there, but not really on the chew. Had to work for the ones we got. We caught em 12-25 miles from the point. The 26 mile run in the Skidegate channel from the marina to the point was very cool and smooth both ways. Overall distances were equal to or less than we usually run in open water the whole way down here, so bonus for sure!
They showed up real good in shore on the 11th but the wind has held us back since then we were out today got 14 between 1130-5 on rods was rough

Windy provides the option to show airports on the map. Airports have weather stations for flight planning, etc. activate the airports option in the options and a bunch of little circles pop up. Click on the one closest to your location and you’ll get the METAR (weather report) and sometimes TAF (forecast) data.

I don’t care what the swells are doing, I’ll pass on hours of sustained 26+ knot winds. Yikers.
IMG_5452.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back