Status
Not open for further replies.
Hali and springs seem to have both moved off and fishing was slow for both when we were out on Wed. We did manage three springs and one Hali approx 110cm while trolling so overall a really fun day. We also caught a couple of these while trolling a couple miles off Long Beach. Am I correct in calling this a Pacific or Chub Mackerel? Doesn’t look exactly like the pics I am seeing online so thought I would ask.View attachment 84538
Absolutely a chub mackerel. I used the head of one the other day and landed a 126 cm hali.

Heading to Crystal Cove near Tofino for 4 nights starting Thursday, anything other than Crabs and Prawn on the menu? I assume coho are long gone?
Nope and lings are closed too. Kind of the black hole season

Nope and lings are closed too. Kind of the black hole season
I looked at the app, and I thought I read lings close on the 15th, but I never trust my reading of it! I doubt I would want to go that far for them, either in my dingy boat or paddle board anyways.

Crabs will be fun at least, I wonder if Dungeness will be in front of Mackenzie and Chesterman's. Hope to do a paddle board surf and turf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back