Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go first! It was a beauty day out there, and we weren't alone (in fact, we were late to the grounds, getting out around noon.) First time winter spring fishing for us, went over the Whirl Bay with a handful of others. Saw one net out on another boat, and our bite came as we're pulling the lines to check them. Nice fish, 66cm, thrilled to get it, caught on AP spoon. Was trying down low on the bottom, but this one was mid-column. Had one other bite, but shook off.

Others at the launch had one or two, except one of the local guides who had a few more, really nice fish. Something to aspire to. Not much bait to see.PXL_20220109_210035235.jpg

Great start to the new year.

Attachments

• PXL_20220109_224442779.MP_copy_870x1160.jpg
    PXL_20220109_224442779.MP_copy_870x1160.jpg
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 242
Anyone remember when that retention area has opened inside Beecher Bay in past years ?

Earlier than that I think. I remember pulling the 5-7am pre-work shift in June/July. Couldn’t remember if it opened in may or
April.

Was going go out of Pedder Bay tomorrow. Anyone been out in the last few days? Still allowed two clipped or not correct??

Got out to Pedder yesterday for first time in 2022. One undersized clipped and two clipped springs at 4-5lbs. That was the only 3 hits we had. 80ft in 120ft near the can. One side down on the bottom most of the time but got nothing. Saw very little bait. We had 16 legal sized crab in two pots so sorted through them and kept the best for our limit. Great to get back on the water. Only a couple of boats in the bay.

Out today 930-2pm looped around secretary and possession then made my way towards otter point. 5 to the boat total for the day, fairly small around 3-4lbs my girlfriend as usual hooked the biggest of the day around 8lbs all were released. Small spoons and hootchies bouncing bottom, Handful of boats out there saw a few fish landed.

Attachments

• E06ABD3E-57FE-4BDE-8F23-856FD80407D6.jpeg
    E06ABD3E-57FE-4BDE-8F23-856FD80407D6.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 83
Not a sniff today in Beecher. Started off in Whirl but the ebb was still pushing so I zipped down into the Bedfords. Nothing touched. Few passes in Beecher, same. Tons of Sea lions were in the bay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back