Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the boats from home at Shelter Point, lots of nets being waved around yesterday and just saw one landed a few minutes ago.
Nice. Was out yesterday and last weekend fishing near green can and was pretty slow. Nothing but under's. Perhaps next stop is Shelter Point... ☺

A heads up to anyone going in and out of Salmon Point. Its extremely narrow right now, even on a ten foot tide its tight.

Nice. Was out yesterday and last weekend fishing near green can and was pretty slow. Nothing but under's. Perhaps next stop is Shelter Point... ☺

A heads up to anyone going in and out of Salmon Point. Its extremely narrow right now, even on a ten foot tide its tight.
It would be great if the owners would get the launch ramp into decent shape and arrange for some dredging. It could be a nice marina.

It would be great if the owners would get the launch ramp into decent shape and arrange for some dredging. It could be a nice marina.
Launch ramp could use some work for sure to make it a bit more user friendly. Could also use some fresh water for the slips between 18-24' . That being said, staff is great and do enjoy keeping my boat there. No complaints. They dredge every year and word is will be happening again at the next big low tide.

Anyone seen the Herring around? Thinking of heading out tomorrow to give it a try. The hope was to find them a bit closer to Salmon Point/Quadra area otherwise ill run south. Any info would be great. Regardless, will report back if winds cooperate and I get out.

Anyone seen the Herring around? Thinking of heading out tomorrow to give it a try. The hope was to find them a bit closer to Salmon Point/Quadra area otherwise ill run south. Any info would be great. Regardless, will report back if winds cooperate and I get out.
From what I have read and heard- nothing north of Kitty Coleman

As promised, report time. Had a quick rip around Salmon Point/Quadra area in search of herring. Not much so ended up heading south to Kitty. As CR Bill mentioned, nothing north of there. Hit my limits and called it quits. Marked some real nice looking fish outside the bait. Should have brought my jigging setup! Great day on the water.

Been out once or twice a month this winter but been slow. Lots of under's but a few great days on the water.

Haven't been out in last month or so, seems like these winds are just rippen every free day i have lately.

Wish I had better report to post.
Why so glum?
Two sleeps until prawnaggedon.
Yee haw!

Fishing out of Browns bay today. Started at the wall around the corner from the marina. Released a few undersize ling cod and a rock fish. Got checked after releasing the rock fish for a “license check“ to see we had both sides printed. Also wanted to see the empty fish coffins, inquired about our measuring methods, and mentioned he could see our descending device. Got our lings and a couple of Dungeness crab. The fisheries boat was tied up in the bay when we returned.
Make sure you print both sides of your license

Any salmon hitting the docks. Up here for the next few weeks just looking for a place I might be able to fish after work to kill some time.
Any help would do.
thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back