2022 Brown’s Bay Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow for us. The NW wind was blowing pretty good. Went to start in deep water but a bit too sporty for us. Fished plumper bay 4 on 4 lost. All fish at 40 feet red hootchie.
Saw a couple landed and lots lost

Hope others did better.
oof. yah johnstone strait in a hard NW is not fun

Derby turned out pretty darn good. Fishing was a little slow Saturday but lots of fish around this morning. Fish were generally shallow 30-50’ but they are around. We had 7 yesterday and 4 this morning. Derby winner was over 14 pounds. Shout out to the crew at Browns Bay for getting the derby back on track after 2 years of no derby.

Derby turned out pretty darn good. Fishing was a little slow Saturday but lots of fish around this morning. Fish were generally shallow 30-50’ but they are around. We had 7 yesterday and 4 this morning. Derby winner was over 14 pounds. Shout out to the crew at Browns Bay for getting the derby back on track after 2 years of no derby.
I'm glad the fish turned up for the derby 😀 I was at Browns Bay last weekend and it was totally dead. Were the chum still chrome?

We were similar, Friday afternoon was a skunk. We did get charged by a seiner, the Attu, when he was shooting his net. We were not close, so he burned a few hundo in diesel to screw up his set, again confirming the stereotypes of seiners as held by gillnetters!

Saturday was nice to start, so we headed up to Green Seas, not too many boats up there and even less chum, picked up a 7 lb chromer. That wind was blustery and cold. Headed back to the wall at Deepwater and got into a small school, bigger fish but dark.

Sunday just crossed to Plumper, good action there until the flood kicked in hard. Had a quad header, those rarely end well, but retained our gear and converted one. Fish were shallow at Plumper, all above 60'. Can't really remember if one lure was working better, we had an assortment of pink squirts, pink hootchies and googlie eyes at any one time.

Had a new chum experience for me. Had one hit the bottom rod as I was clipping in the top rod. I could see the flasher in the water down 10’ below just before it hit.

As with Gong Show every piece of our gear had a hit so we didn’t have a hot piece of gear. There are a few out there and ours were not dark but there were noticeably darker ones caught yesterday particularly out in the middle off Plumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back