2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
,this guy kills fish , Hopefully... my good friend Robert , best neighbor ever , doesnt mind me posting this , easy pickins for him yesterday , all close ta home , still a few good clean fish around for sure , last year i had one of my best trips Sept 27 , non stop action at Flemming for big springs... Enjoy ... gd luck to the Tuna fleet , time for the Bamfield Tuna Shootout , few tickets left im hearing , contact Jerry at Mills Landing. Plenty of fish this year , nice and close too....see ya all there...

View attachment 84789
Nicely done Robert! Now I regret pulling my boat home last weekend. The road detour was wearing on me though.

Went offshore today for halibut and got nothing. Bad time of year? Did not get my halibut this year!

Went offshore today for halibut and got nothing. Bad time of year? Did not get my halibut this year!
guys at my place got their chickens yesterday drifting the egg.

Thanks Fog. A little far out for my first mate, doesn’t like the swells, even with low swells. We tried 5 miles off Beale, which has been very productive for us, and got skunked twice. Just wondering if halibut were around this time of year. Don’t think I can convince the first mate to make it that far.
Thanks Fog. A little far out for my first mate, doesn’t like the swells, even with low swells. We tried 5 miles off Beale, which has been very productive for us, and got skunked twice. Just wondering if halibut were around this time of year. Don’t think I can convince the first mate to make it that far.

based on what i seen on our docks and the local guides success , one of the better years for Halibut this season for sure , i personally sucked this season the few times we went offshore ... lost my mojo... thats fishin... see if we can redeem ourselves next week... Have a great winter...

I'm in the same "boat" so to speak with my navigator, shes not a fan of the swells off shore, if its less than a 1m shes good
Made a trip without her and put in 2 good days with no hali love this yr

humps and bumps in imperial eagle.

Three days fishing, 1st & 3rd day fished the canal, China creek to the harbour, nada. 2nd day we went to Pill & Stanford, 6 Coho, 2 springs, including 27.5. Couldn’t believe it. Didn’t hear of anyone catching in the canal and we didn’t see more then a handful of boats fishing for our trip.
Spoons won hands down, hoochie’s & bait didn’t produce.

Attachments

• CB4FC3DD-F88F-4348-96F1-91E4D17C4CA4.jpeg
    CB4FC3DD-F88F-4348-96F1-91E4D17C4CA4.jpeg
    277.3 KB · Views: 265
  • 1BEA75F3-984B-4F93-A6EE-6DE6E50A92CD.jpeg
    1BEA75F3-984B-4F93-A6EE-6DE6E50A92CD.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 259
Three days fishing, 1st & 3rd day fished the canal, China creek to the harbour, nada. 2nd day we went to Pill & Stanford, 6 Coho, 2 springs, including 27.5. Couldn’t believe it. Didn’t hear of anyone catching in the canal and we didn’t see more then a handful of boats fishing for our trip.
Spoons won hands down, hoochie’s & bait didn’t produce.
Wow nice one! Heading out with some family tomorrow and this is just what I wanted to see! Have the chovies ready but I'll make sure to fish a spoon off one side too.

still some good size great Coho action , as TW said , spoke to a group at the Nook over the weekend ,they killed it , some decent Chinook being caught in the usual spots as well , surprisingly not boots yet , few winter feeders are also being caught already , will be like a lake out there this weekend ,definitely worth a trip , maybe see a few of you there, off to try ta get Neil his first halli 🤞🙏.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back