2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Any chance the rope was eye spliced with the green electrical tape covering the splice? 5/16" sinking rope? Some person ran over my buoy and cut the line with their prop a while back. Buoy floated a far distance away. When I retrieved it had a propeller slice a quarter of the buoy off cutting the rope in the process.

Blue trap with zip ties tying the four corners together since I never collapse them. Trap was set between 60-80ft in that area.

If someone grabbed it at the dock please PM me. Thanks
What were you using for bait? It's probably right where I left it at mosquito creek marina. I'll check when I'm at the boat.

I present to you the incredible upside down spring...off 2nd mile marker yesterday, scraping the 135' band off the bottom.

20211117_121442_resized.jpg

69 cms, the other 4 I ran into were all 50 to 50 cms, split 3 on this rig and 2 on a naked 602. The later is significant as I never catch anything with a plug.

20211117_143236_resized.jpg

Beauty day.

Crazy sunrise off @Rain City boat yesterday, forgot pix of Churches spicy fried chicken, samosas on the bbq warming up loll, forgetting what its like in an open boat when your heading to the fishing grounds with the chilled wind hitting your face, a nice 22 degrees inside his cabin...
IMG_9184.JPGIMG_9182.JPG
IMG_9186.JPGScreen Shot 2021-11-18 at 8.31.51 AM.png

Last edited:
Crazy sunrise off @Rain City boat yesterday, forgot pix of Churches spicy fried chicken, samosas on the bbq warming up loll, forgetting what its like in an open boat when your heading to the fishing grounds with the chilled wind hitting your face, a nice 22 degrees inside his cabin...
View attachment 72455View attachment 72456
View attachment 72457View attachment 72460
What??? He buys Churches fried chicken? what's happened to this world?
You should take him out on your boat a few times this winter. He'll find new appreciation for his rig. Time to shoot for that #2022PodMe handle. ;)

I present to you the incredible upside down spring...off 2nd mile marker yesterday, scraping the 135' band off the bottom.

View attachment 72451

69 cms, the other 4 I ran into were all 50 to 50 cms, split 3 on this rig and 2 on a naked 602. The later is significant as I never catch anything with a plug.

View attachment 72452

Beauty day

View attachment 72451

View attachment 72452

Beauty day.
Nice to see you and raincity using opposite colours and both having success. Fish are bitting. That's a large clip on the leader. I assume guys used the smaller size.

Nice to see you and raincity using opposite colours and both having success. Fish are bitting. That's a large clip on the leader. I assume guys used the smaller size.
His clip isn't even locked in. That's when you know that he isn't showing the actual gear that caught the fish. This is the decoy photo HAHAHA

What??? He buys Churches fried chicken? what's happened to this world?
You should take him out on your boat a few times this winter. He'll find new appreciation for his rig. Time to shoot for that #2022PodMe handle. ;)
All me buddy ordered it at 5am for that fresh spicy crispy chicken, tasted even better on the ocean, hell i don't wanna go back on my boat i'm ruined , maybe it's time for that big boat i've been waiting for..

I like that clip size as my office hands are able to get just enough leverage to make it happen. Any smaller and watch out!

mare lots of guys running snaps straight to lures? I feel like it’s kind of a clunky presentation , why not just have a leader board tied up ready to snap in at your flasher / bead chain .

It's not without its flaws but it was a new lure, and the leader was handy, so off it went and the performance next to the boat seems ok. I like being able to quickly change junk and I dislike tying knots when the boat is bouncing. Far be it for me to set an gold standards around fishing techniques, however...

Back