2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Weather looks pretty snotty for a bit. Why was this not bet on?!
I just drove down from Whistler, come on guys, howe sound looks great hahaha. Maybe Sunday, looks like a cooling trend with drier skys. Man that was an epic amount of standing water on the roads!

When into Howe sound today. Southerly Wind made it next to impossible to fish, we could only hug the shoreline from the waterfall to hut, If we got out too far it would blow us off coarse, and we would have to pull up and set-up again. The wind died down for an ok ride home 15 MPH to north arm. I have a Aluminum Hewes craft so not a deep keel, blows around easy. 2 undersized springs from 10-1:30, one was just under. Good haul of prawns and 4 nice 7" crabs.

When into Howe sound today. Southerly Wind made it next to impossible to fish, we could only hug the shoreline from the waterfall to hut, If we got out too far it would blow us off coarse, and we would have to pull up and set-up again. The wind died down for an ok ride home 15 MPH to north arm. I have a Aluminum Hewes craft so not a deep keel, blows around easy. 2 undersized springs from 10-1:30, one was just under. Good haul of prawns and 4 nice 7" crabs.
Well done! You’re a trooper!

Happy new 2021 Season, fellow Sportfishing forum members, Have some new toys to try for the 2021 season: Pro-troll herring rigs with e-chips, Pro-troll flashers with LED's and e-chips ( sure gimmick but who knows , may help?) and new "Swarm" dummy flashers to try hanging off the cannonballs. . Will report on same if appears to help and worth buying in new season. If junk and no better than good old normal flashers, cut-plug herring or anchovy rigs, will let you know.

Swarm ref: http://wigglefin.com/Swarm_detail.html

Damn starting to get the bite already and still winter and ugly weather- hate it.

Attachments

• Protroll.jpg
    Protroll.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 193
Happy new 2021 Season, fellow Sportfishing forum members, Have some new toys to try for the 2021 season: Pro-troll herring rigs with e-chips, Pro-troll flashers with LED's and e-chips ( sure gimmick but who knows , may help?) and new "Swarm" dummy flashers to try hanging off the cannonballs. . Will report on same if appears to help and worth buying in new season. If junk and no better than good old normal flashers, cut-plug herring or anchovy rigs, will let you know.

Swarm ref: http://wigglefin.com/Swarm_detail.html

Damn starting to get the bite already and still winter and ugly weather- hate it.
Happy new year ! Be interested to se how they work. So far they caught a fishermen ! Good Luck !

Happy new year ! Be interested to se how they work. So far they caught a fishermen ! Good Luck !
I've seen a number of positive reports on the Swarm on an Alaskan forum-positive to the point where I went out & bought one since the Wigglefin is such a successful idea-haven't used it yet though since I use actual dead bait very little.

I've seen a number of positive reports on the Swarm on an Alaskan forum-positive to the point where I went out & bought one since the Wigglefin is such a successful idea-haven't used it yet though since I use actual dead bait very little.
Nice to hear Dogbreath thanks for info, and method to my madness and spending: If anyone interested and don't mind the cold, rain and wind; Herring are in heavy right now off docks in Richmond. Easily caught on sabiki rigs, and are really chrome and clean looking with the ice cold water this time of year. So we have all kinds of "dead" bait to try these new toys on - and all sizes of bait to play with, from firecrackers to jumbos.

Attachments

• herring.jpg
    herring.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 258
Back