E93885A5-68B4-45F8-A8AE-922C5615F0E8.jpegWe’re also fishing here for the first time and just trolled from lighthouse up the 100 contour past the reefs. Picked 2 springs and a few coho. Slowish… but beauty springs! Anchovy for one spring and a small 2.5 inch spoon for the bigger. Windy and messy. One more day tomorrow.

I got back from tofino yesterday, we had three and a half days of fishing. Long days mainly spent at the lighthouse, it was windy and rough. We had troubles finding deep water and when we found water over 100 feet it wasn't great. Spent a lot of time at 60-80 feet. We got our three man limit on nice coho. And released a bunch. We weren't as lucky on the Chinook. We got four 15, 15, 18, 20. And lost a few. But all in all awesome fishing with double headers and a ton of nice coho. Great town.

Had to turn around @60 miles…..too rough and no tuna water. Temp break and chlorophyll moved way off
I banged out to Southwest corner looking for halis. I only found one and it fell off. I was thinking about how you were doing since the swells and then wind were bigger than predicted.

Fishing Tofino in October? Just getting back from 2 months of work. Looking to go to a new area I've never fished. Any tips for this time of year?

Fishing Tofino in October? Just getting back from 2 months of work. Looking to go to a new area I've never fished. Any tips for this time of year?
Lingcod and Halibut if you can get offshore....maybe some tuna.

Any areas where you might find some late Chinooks are closed. Maybe some Northern Coho but all this rain has probably killed that in the salt

Back