Post your 2021 fishing reports here!
Happy New year everyone.

I would like to know when is good fishing in Tofino because my girlfriend and I will go to Hot Spring for hiking while we will be fishing.

Thanks
D

Happy New year everyone.

I would like to know when is good fishing in Tofino because my girlfriend and I will go to Hot Spring for hiking while we will be fishing.

Thanks
D
The Hot Springs have been closed since the pandemic started. No opening date announced yet. Early June it really picks up around there for Chinooks and Halibut

The Hot Springs have been closed since the pandemic started. No opening date announced yet. Early June it really picks up around there for Chinooks and Halibut
I was in Tofino years ago on a gifted trip to go out on the Princess boats. It was the first trip or their season, kind of a shake down run. The tackle hadn't been serviced from the previous year, only one engine was going on our boat, but it was a blast.

We didn't go far until we fished, and we all used the same jerk lure, and we all caught both smaller chinooks, and halibut.

Does anyone remember these days, and where the drifts were that these boats used? I wouldn't mind repeating the experience, but of course the Princess business is long gone.

I was in Tofino years ago on a gifted trip to go out on the Princess boats. It was the first trip or their season, kind of a shake down run. The tackle hadn't been serviced from the previous year, only one engine was going on our boat, but it was a blast.

We didn't go far until we fished, and we all used the same jerk lure, and we all caught both smaller chinooks, and halibut.

Does anyone remember these days, and where the drifts were that these boats used? I wouldn't mind repeating the experience, but of course the Princess business is long gone.
I did quite a bit of Princess boat fishing over the years. Wilson Darts were the lure of choice - discovered they are like Plugs- they may all look the same but definitely don’t all fish the same! Go to areas were South Bank and Lighthouse Bank for close in chinook fishing and Big Bank For Hali and salmon. - Rats Nose was a very popular area. Had a Morning there where there were about 16 of us fishing, the boat had about 25 Hali - nothing big and myself, son and his buddy caught 18 of them!

I did quite a bit of Princess boat fishing over the years. Wilson Darts were the lure of choice - discovered they are like Plugs- they may all look the same but definitely don’t all fish the same! Go to areas were South Bank and Lighthouse Bank for close in chinook fishing and Big Bank For Hali and salmon. - Rats Nose was a very popular area. Had a Morning there where there were about 16 of us fishing, the boat had about 25 Hali - nothing big and myself, son and his buddy caught 18 of them!

Hi there

I'm heading to Tofino middle of July. Looking for a recommendation for a guiding service for salmon. Thanks DE18

Hi there

I'm heading to Tofino middle of July. Looking for a recommendation for a guiding service for salmon. Thanks DE18

To be safe you may want to check when the retention for fishing offshore kicks in. I think last year it may have been July 15.

@Aces Do you recall?

when I click on this thread and go to this bottom of page I get a warning that fishtofino . com is infected with a virus.

when I click on this thread and go to this bottom of page I get a warning that fishtofino . com is infected with a virus.
Same here. Got a phishing threat warning from my anti malware

Strange. Nothing for me.

I'm not getting a warning when I click on their website link either, but if someone knows the owner, they may want to contact him and give him a heads up that he may have an issue.

Brian

The one thing about the guides there, is some still use the vhf to help each other, so you can scan and figure it out.
You can also listen to never ending jibber jabber about bread for sale, stolen dogs and water taxis to and from Ahousat on ch 68. Chinooks close inside Aug 1. This is our first year not going. Doing trips to Ukee Aug 4-9 and Aug 27-Sept 2 instead.
There are still fishable close to the rocks spots, find the right DFO map.
Outside the lighthouse, Portland Pt offshore a couple miles, Hyson Bank are three regular Tofino spots.
Aces knows.

Heading to Tofino for 6 days of fishing this Sunday. Any reports would be appreciated? Thanks in advance!

Got out to Portland today. Three teenagers and coho. Deep, no sniffs above 80 feet. White hootchie and the spoon that worked for us in Bamfield. The boys 4&7 were champs, but my son lost it when we started to head out for crabbing and coho this evening, too much sugar and not enough sleep, wanted to ride in my lap in the truck, had to give the choice bedtime/books or ride in his car seat. Good choice I needed the rest, books it was.

Got out to Portland today. Three teenagers and coho. Deep, no sniffs above 80 feet. White hootchie and the spoon that worked for us in Bamfield. The boys 4&7 were champs, but my son lost it when we started to head out for crabbing and coho this evening, too much sugar and not enough sleep, wanted to ride in my lap in the truck, had to give the choice bedtime/books or ride in his car seat. Good choice I needed the rest, books it was.
Thanks for the report. Portland was really good last year when I was in Tofino same week as I'm going on Saturday.

Back