2021 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Absolute unreal week. Started the week fishing Egmont with family from out of town and got them on multiple fish 8-13lb range. Once fishing opened outside of pender it was lights out. Just outside of Pearson island and between hogson islands. Must of hooked into 30 fish in 3 days, went through 3 packs of anchovies and no bananas skinny g were the ticket. 130ft on the rigger. One day it was rough only could get one down rigger down and the counter wasn’t working so just guessed and had our 2 nooks in 10 minutes. Left the harbour at 9:30 on our way back in by 9:45. Tight lines. Keep the reports coming

Attachments

• 65D6CD94-6912-414B-BB24-32B323E18891.jpeg
    65D6CD94-6912-414B-BB24-32B323E18891.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 113
  • 860E9069-BA66-447D-94F5-52F93DEA7F70.jpeg
    860E9069-BA66-447D-94F5-52F93DEA7F70.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 0DDC7C79-9D8B-40EA-A4E3-E82B1576690E.jpeg
    0DDC7C79-9D8B-40EA-A4E3-E82B1576690E.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 114
Absolute unreal week. Started the week fishing Egmont with family from out of town and got them on multiple fish 8-13lb range. Once fishing opened outside of pender it was lights out. Just outside of Pearson island and between hogson islands. Must of hooked into 30 fish in 3 days, went through 3 packs of anchovies and no bananas skinny g were the ticket. 130ft on the rigger. One day it was rough only could get one down rigger down and the counter wasn’t working so just guessed and had our 2 nooks in 10 minutes. Left the harbour at 9:30 on our way back in by 9:45. Tight lines. Keep the reports coming
Released 3 18-20pounders

Does anybody know or can steer me to find out if you go on a multi day trip is it one chinook per day with a two fish possession or are you only allowed one spring in possession?
Thanks

Thanks for hooking a brother up. Went out a high slack this evening. 128’ off Pearson and it took all of 5 minutes. Max 80 cm but only 13.5 lbs.

Just back from two and a half weeks at the cabin. Did the deck tearout/rebuild that was deferred three times for COVID reasons, but still out most afternoons to Epsom or Smuggler or Thormanby south end. Got fish on the riggers, jigging and mooching live herring. Of course the best fishing was while the closure was still in effect, released four mid teen springs in an hour of jigging.

We ate prawns, clams and oysters as well as lings and springs. Just a seafood extravaganza for us interior dwellers. Weather was good and my repowered boat ran like a rock star. Outstanding family vacation.

Shut out tonight Pearson Island and didn't see any other nets either. I'm starting to think the fish are fanning out so my next trip, weather permitting, is sangster on Thursday. Anyone have a look at Quarry Bay lately?

Shut out tonight Pearson Island and didn't see any other nets either. I'm starting to think the fish are fanning out so my next trip, weather permitting, is sangster on Thursday. Anyone have a look at Quarry Bay lately?
My brother fished Pearson on Saturday, landed one and lost one. I know of 4 fish being caught at quarry Saturday and 3 today

I went at the morning high slack three days ago and low slack yesterday afternoon. Basically nothing. One pink which I threw back, rock cod and an undersized ling. Wasn’t even getting hits.
Did better across at Texada.

I was offered to go out on my father-in-law's boat this coming weekend to go fishing to buzz down to thormanby. Its moored somewhere in Pender. BUT I don't think hes got any riggers (at least not ready to go) or much gear on there. No problem, I can bring my gear. You think mooching herring would be the best alternative?

Also, since its not my boat and I can't take it out whenever... if I were to walk out to Daniel Point with a buzz bomb/ liver herring under a float do you think its possible to find a few silver coloured fish tugging on the end of the line?

Cheers!

I was offered to go out on my father-in-law's boat this coming weekend to go fishing to buzz down to thormanby. Its moored somewhere in Pender. BUT I don't think hes got any riggers (at least not ready to go) or much gear on there. No problem, I can bring my gear. You think mooching herring would be the best alternative?

Also, since its not my boat and I can't take it out whenever... if I were to walk out to Daniel Point with a buzz bomb/ liver herring under a float do you think its possible to find a few silver coloured fish tugging on the end of the line?

Cheers!
You can pick up live bait at Buccaneer Marina for mooching off Epsom. For most people mooching is the preferred method there. Trolling everywhere else.

As to fishing off a dock - do you like shiners?

FYI. I catch more of my salmon at 50’ or shallower rather than deeper. Without riggers you can throw weighted lines over the side and troll shallow - say for instance the top of Bjerre shoal.

Cheers!
Your live Herring would be dead herring by the time you walked out to Daniel Point. Lol

You can pick up live bait at Buccaneer Marina for mooching off Epsom. For most people mooching is the preferred method there. Trolling everywhere else.

As to fishing off a dock - do you like shiners?

FYI. I catch more of my salmon at 50’ or shallower rather than deeper. Without riggers you can throw weighted lines over the side and troll shallow - say for instance the top of Bjerre shoal.

Makes sense. Its up to the father-in-law where we're going but just because we don't have riggers doesn't mean I won't have a line in the water. Thanks for the input, much appreciated

Back