Hey guys, just a heads up. That red can off of Entrance isn't gone; it's submerged just under the surface, at least at the tide we were fishing yesterday. I phoned Coast Guard and they said they'd do something about it. Not sure if I'll get out next weekend, but if they haven't at least attached a float or something to mark it as a hazard it'd be good if other boaters kept at them until they fixed the problem. Stay safe.

Hey guys, just a heads up. That red can off of Entrance isn't gone; it's submerged just under the surface, at least at the tide we were fishing yesterday. I phoned Coast Guard and they said they'd do something about it. Not sure if I'll get out next weekend, but if they haven't at least attached a float or something to mark it as a hazard it'd be good if other boaters kept at them until they fixed the problem. Stay safe.
How was the fishing?

How was the fishing?
Tried a last go at bottom fishing for the year. Only ling was too small and a cabby that we also released. Beauty morning though (Sat). There were a handful other boats around trying for ling and salmon, but didn't see anyone with a keeper. A few big jumpers spotted that I think are the start of the chum runs. That might be it for me, though I have caught the odd feeder spring over 62 cm in October off Fingers so if the weather co-operates on a Sunday...

Back