2012 40 hp Johnson 4 stroke

a counterfeiter. johnson outboards stopped producing motors after 2007.
there is no such thing as a 2012 johnson outboard.

There was not anything manufacture under the Johnson name after 2006 I'm almost 100 percent sure. They never manufactured a 4 stroke engine in that hp range. They had the rebadged Suzukis for a while. Late 90s OMC made some small 4 strokes.

What I'd the model number on the Transom bracket tag?

There was not anything manufacture under the Johnson name after 2006 I'm almost 100 percent sure. They never manufactured a 4 stroke engine in that hp range. They had the rebadged Suzukis for a while. Late 90s OMC made some small 4 strokes.

What I'd the model number on the Transom bracket tag?
Haven't seen the motor yet May not go now as advertised as a 2012!!-

That's a Suzuki. They actually are pretty decent little engines.

I di not see where it said 2012. It's def a 2002 or around that time . Think they made those up until 2004.

That's a Suzuki. They actually are pretty decent little engines.

I di not see where it said 2012. It's def a 2002 or around that time . Think they made those up until 2004.
I asked what year it was and he said the duroboat was a 2002-engine was 2012-makes more sense if it was a 2002' Only had it a day and trying to sell it--very strange!! I know duroboat has an epoxied bonded keel but can find nothing bad about them. Motor is probably an anchor!

I asked what year it was and he said the duroboat was a 2002-engine was 2012-makes more sense if it was a 2002' Only had it a day and trying to sell it--very strange!! I know duroboat has an epoxied bonded keel but can find nothing bad about them. Motor is probably an anchor!
The boat was 'for sale' for $7000.00 two days ago, and was sold within hrs...I had emailed the fellow. The next day it is up for sale for $8000.00

I looked in to it, and the only way to check to see if it happens to be a 'Suzuki' is by it's serial number. As previously mentioned, Bombardier stopped selling outboards under the Johnson brand after 2007, and moved all sales entirely to Evinrude...So it seems that it is likely a 2002 Jonsuki...He also doesn't seem know know how many hours are on it...It's tooo bad that it doesn't have a Yammy or Merc- Or on it,

Having owned a Duroboat before, I can't say enough good things about them... The 16' is the largest model...This one is optioned with a bow rail, including a centre console. The centre console option was a $1000....The bare hull retailed in the low $6K.

Last edited:
My father in-law had one of these 16 duroboats, it was a little older than this one. The only issue with it was the paint was falling off. The factory repainted it, but I think the paint came off again.

Also, it had a 60 hp on it, I felt it was a smidgen underpowered the times I used it but it handled pretty well. I liked it.

I had a 15’ Duroboat and loved it! Really well made - much better than a riveted boat but much lighter than a lifetime/silver streak welded

I saw the ad for $7k then gone as well. I wonder why the bow rail is cut then put back on flat across. Looks funny!

Back