17' Arima Sea Ranger (1987) update

Just wait until you ask us where to mount your downriggers!
This is cheaper than professional therapy, and we have issues!
There are Scotty pads on the boat already though no riggers. The pads look to be in a pretty good spot to me, so I'll try them where they are a few trips before making any changes. Now the existing rod holder locations, I'm not so sure about. Boat is still at the fibreglass shop so whenever I get it back I'll take some pics and start that debate!

My 2 cents...
When the weather is bad, the sea state is crap and I've got a 2 or 3 hour slog back to Reed Point, my kicker is my piece of mind. I personally wouldn't likely go farther than Thormanby to Secret cove without it.

Boat is on the lift and getting the worst of the previous owner's mistakes dealt with. Told them to start at the bottom and work their way up.

20230710_120555.jpg

While it is off the trailer got a chance to take a closer look at the trailer. Guy at shop figures these bunk supports could just be wire brushed and have the bolts replaced, but I figure if I'm going to replace them now is the time. Assuming I can get my hands on the parts. What says the collective wisdom?20230710_131934.jpg
20230710_132000.jpg

While it is off the trailer got a chance to take a closer look at the trailer. Guy at shop figures these bunk supports could just be wire brushed and have the bolts replaced, but I figure if I'm going to replace them now is the time. Assuming I can get my hands on the parts. What says the collective wisdom?View attachment 94594
View attachment 94595
Sand blast and reuse

Sand blast and reuse
Interesting. This is something I have no experience with nor tools. That said, might not be a bad skill to pick up as I have a fair bit of ironwork around my property too.

Will have to do a little research.

Interesting. This is something I have no experience with nor tools. That said, might not be a bad skill to pick up as I have a fair bit of ironwork around my property too.

Will have to do a little research.
Not sure where your at, but there is shop that can do it for you, also shop you can do yourself

Back