15 lb Aluminum Propane tanks

kaelc

2 - tanks 09 and 11 vintage. Located in Victoria but can drop off on the way to Tofino/Courtenay, and possibly Vancouver. Might be good for marine applications? Was going to use them in my next camper but need the space. I think they are over $200 new, so maybe $80 each?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    853.6 KB · Views: 101
Sent you a pm -- but you can answer here too if you want. Are these tanks horizontal or vertical mount?

I can not see any info on this, but i found lots of people that do recertification. if you can post up any info would be great

Going through this with my own tank right now. Tanks now much have an Overfill Prevention Valve (OPV) installed which prevents them from being filled beyond 80%. Valve consists of a float that sits inside the tank. Not all tanks can fit this new valve depending upon the size of the pickup tube within the tank. Horizontal tanks (like mine) have a different pickup that collects the vapour from the upward part of the tank. In the US, horizontal tanks are exempt from the OPV but not in Canada eh. Overview on regulations here: http://www.propane.ca/en/about-propane/safety

In any event, didn't hear back from the seller and it looks like my problem has been solved. Glanford Auto are attempting to recertify my tank otherwise they have a used one they can sell me.

good to know RR, thanks for the heads up on the dates. are you on the mainland i have a couple 100lb that need certifying

This would be a whole lot easier if I knew how to post a link, but I don't so here goes. Go to Transport Canada's web site. Click on Safety-Transportation of Dangerous Goods-Containers-Cylinders,Spheres,and Tubes- and you will be at FAQ for cylinders that meet the requirements. There is a grandfather clause to the TC stamp requirement which excludes cylinders manufactured before January 1993 so if you have an older tank it may still be recertified providing it meets the rest of the criteria. How do I know all this? I work in the propane industry, and am also qualified to recertify cylinders. Note to TenMile: those are vertical cylinders, horizontal tanks would have feet welded to the sides to keep them in position when horizontal. Hope this helps.

think this was the link you were referring to.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/tdg/moc-cylinder-faqoncylinders-473.html

to post this link you would
find the link you want to post at the top of the page in your browser,
then click just ahead of it,
hold the left mouse button down and slide across the link to highlight it
then click the right mouse button. a context menu will come up
choose copy

then go to your reply post
click the right mouse button. a context menu will come up
choose paste

Last edited:
Back