Your TWO best Sandheads, T10, Capilano non-bait setups.

Wondermur

Crew Member
We know bait is best in a terminal fishery blah blah…. but if you are average at fishing bait like me (or above average like you), what has kept up with bait over multiple trips for you, this year and past years?

We often run 4 rods, with bait on the top and hoochies or spoons or plugs on the bottom rods. Different gear has its day or is hot for part of the day, but what do you have consistent success on when compared to rolling bait?

Here are my 2…on the left because guys were having success on white hoochies I pulled off half the tentacles from a glow hoochie (because I have a glow addiction) and put it over a Grand Slam Bucktail, 50lb line @36”. That black flasher has been soo good to me down deep at Entrance Isl and off the Fraser the last couple of years.

On the right the ugly spoon is a friends favourite and has been great at times last year and this year. Yesterday I didn’t put it down till midday, resisting a 4th rod in the windy conditions before that. Bait and the hoochie-tail had stopped working. Dropped the spoon and 5 minutes later it got nailed by the brightest 18lb fish of the day. These are on bottom rods so running 57-77’ mostly.

The Cap I haven’t fished for 6 years, but maybe we’ll give it a try later this month?

What have you got that is way fishier than this for 2025?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back