WTB: 8-9k lb. Trailer

The dog of the above mentioned brand is the rr. They use to be cheap pos which was alright, but now a 10k road runner is an expensive POS.
Highliner should be added to the list. Good galvanized units.
A modern Karavan is a decent trailer too. (be cautious and look for frame cracks buying the pre 2018 aluminum karavans)

Also note many of the used trailers you see available are surge units. Cost to swap them to electric / Hydro is expensive so some guys dump them once they've imported a US boat and just buy a new trailer. Your boat is heavy enough it'll need a elec/ hydro unit to be legal I believe (Think it's over 6500lbs?). Maybe someone else can clarify the number. Many guys don't care and run big boats on surge units for years but beware there could be some liability.
I can add a vote in favour of Highliner. I bought my dual axle in 2004, and have had to replace parts along the way. They were easy to deal with by phone and email from Victoria, and I usually had parts in a day or so. Also good with advice when there were choices to be made.

Thinking of getting a new trailer looking at the loadrite just curious if anyone has dealt with them
just on the island as no dealer here.
Got a quote from the seller… his ads are on marketplace. Very reasonable for new prices but I couldn’t do it just yet… I’m still looking and considering getting new axles and such… so much $$$ for new…

Got a quote from the seller… his ads are on marketplace. Very reasonable for new prices but I couldn’t do it just yet… I’m still looking and considering getting new axles and such… so much $$$ for new…
New trailer at $2 a pound carrying capacity is crazy. 2017 I bought a tandem tuff 5600 lb for under 6k taxes in
I just bought all new disc brakes for my new boat trailer which I did not want to do but everything used needed brakes

I’m redoing the brakes or at least one of the brakes on my 2020 loadrite today, I’ll let you know about parts. Little surprised at how much rotor corrosion there is as I flushed with salt away often (but not after every launch, usually when I got home or next morning, but sometimes it sat for a week after launching for desolation or rivers inlet.

I’m redoing the brakes or at least one of the brakes on my 2020 loadrite today, I’ll let you know about parts. Little surprised at how much rotor corrosion there is as I flushed with salt away often (but not after every launch, usually when I got home or next morning, but sometimes it sat for a week after launching for desolation or rivers inlet.
I am as well.. it has Kodiak disc brakes.. OEM parts are impossible to find locally.

I bought Kodiak disc brakes for all 4 corners and all new wiring for the electric/hydraulic actuator. Just hope my spindles are good where the seals sit or I have to get stainless sleeves

For my trailer leaf springs + bearish and brakes, I used etrailer.com...super fun replacing brakes and leaf springs when they had like 100kms tops haha. Even with rinsing etc they're done, particularly the brakes. Probably needs new tires too.

Back