where to launch in sooke

• Thread starter Thread starter wetbeaver
  • Start date Start date
W

wetbeaver

want to fish sooke for the first time just wondering were to launch and to fish. fish winters out of nanaimo lots but would like a change in scenery. And would like to learn the area for the summer.

you would not likely fish Renfrew in the winter,the marina is closed
and the weather would prohibit most fishing there.
There are number of places to launch at Sooke... Pedder,Cheanuh, Sunny shores,
all have reasonable ramps. The latter 2 have fuel docks, and they
all sell bait & tackle.

Cheanuh is your best bet.You can start fishing 200 ft off the dock.And it is good fishing in bay right now.

Ill second Cheanuh , was out last sat and they are there . I got mine in 120 fr of water , kissin the bottom . Green chrome coyote spoon was on fire . I fished it behind a green flasher . Leader lenght was not an isue .

Don't forget Jock's Dock it is easier to launch w/higher daytime tides
in the winter.;) shorter run and not busy too!

if your launching in sooke follow someone out and in. its tricky to navigate. theres lots of hazzards and the bottom comes up on you VERY quick if you take the wrong path

if your launching in sooke follow someone out and in. its tricky to navigate. theres lots of hazzards and the bottom comes up on you VERY quick if you take the wrong path

Pedder also has a fuel dock, and a super wide ramp with easy launch docks on each side. Fishing in the Bay itself, plus Whirl has been pretty good lately - watch yourself if you head around the corner though, the trip through Race Passage can be a bit nasty if the tide runs agains the wind...

GB

Pedder also has a fuel dock, and a super wide ramp with easy launch docks on each side. Fishing in the Bay itself, plus Whirl has been pretty good lately - watch yourself if you head around the corner though, the trip through Race Passage can be a bit nasty if the tide runs agains the wind...

GB

Back