Where can I go to weigh my boat?

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hey guy's

I want to find out how much my boat + trailer weighs, to find out if my van can haul the thing. I live in surrey but can't seem to find a vehicle scale open to the pubic. Do any of you know place I can roll up pass the guy's a case beer and use there scale?

When the commercial scales are closed the scale is often still on. Drive over it and stop then subtract the weight of the truck.

Ready mix cement plants always have scales-usually make a small donation to their coffee fund works and usually it's not too busy. There must be lots in the Surry area.

Marty....what about even a transfer station? They weigh your vehicles before and after you dump.

Try with the good folks @ Rypac recycling down by Timberland Rd in Bridgeview flats
They have a scale long enough to weigh a tractor & trailer. I'd ask first before rolling up, I know they would accommodate if the aren't too busy...........Sat morning !! & the weight is posted close to the scale
Worked for me

Kh

I use the comm. scale at 176st-south of 4 ave comm scale on southbound side is not manned-just use it & you turn around and head back north---just make sure there isn't a hour wait at the border cause it'll be harder to turn around

I use the comm. scale at 176st-south of 4 ave comm scale on southbound side is not manned-just use it & you turn around and head back north---just make sure there isn't a hour wait at the border cause it'll be harder to turn around

Hate the Guvvy scales
Look odd lined up with the tractor trailers

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another one just off the Alex Fraser Bridge. I went in the evening after hours and took my time.

8150 Nordel Way Delta V4G 8A9

Is there one by elk lake? I always see it while driving by.

kunni

Back