What lure is your favourite

Tomic Tubby 6" - 116G...once the big fish arrive in the Campbell River area (early August). I figured I'd edit to add my favorite jigs for salmon as well. Hard to beat the Shimano Butterfly Jigs.

Attachments

• Tomic Tubby 116G.JPG
    Tomic Tubby 116G.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Butterfly Flat Fall Jigs.jpg
    Butterfly Flat Fall Jigs.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 132
Tomic Tubby 6" - 116G...once the big fish arrive in the Campbell River area (early August). I figured I'd edit to add my favorite jigs for salmon as well. Hard to beat the Shimano Butterfly Jigs.

Waterwolf,

You are really talking a lot about jigs lately. I love fishing different techniques but for jigging I haven't really done any since the 80s when we used Zeldas and buzz bombs. We did ok on coho with the buzz bombs but not much on Zeldas.

What is your process for jigging? What tides are best? Do you cruise around until you find bait? What type of rod / technique? Have you had good luck with Chinook? Size?
I don't want to hijack the thread so maybe a new thread is in order, but I would love to hear more about it...

Honestly AP Tackle works spoons. They produce awesome &!the variety allows you to match the hatch.
I have the AP Sandlance and the anchovy in my box. Fished them a few times in the sndheads area last year but didn't hook anything on them. For the guys in the VAN harbor area, have you had success with these and what's your favourite leader lenght and flasher setup for the sandlance?

Rhys Davis teasers in a variety of color schemes. Why fish an imitation when you can fish the real thing.

I have the AP Sandlance and the anchovy in my box. Fished them a few times in the sndheads area last year but didn't hook anything on them. For the guys in the VAN harbor area, have you had success with these and what's your favourite leader lenght and flasher setup for the sandlance?

I use them up in Haida Gwaii all the time. I use a 7-8' leader and fish them naked if I'm shallow & a small 8" flasher if I'm deep & away from structure. I like to troll them 2.5-3.5 mph

salted-herring-fish-isolated-picture-id153676426

i haven't seen those butterfly jigs available ? where are you getting them ?thx

If I could only have one fishing lure it would be a green/silver 6oz Point Wilson Dart needlefish jig circa mid 1980's.

Back