What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

ALMOST LOST IT! A crab trap on the dock was really wedged between the dock cleat and the piling, tide coming in finger stayed down and boat coming up(inches to spare) luckily Kyle, Vimexcharters@outlook.com was there checking out his boat ran into knee deep water and cut a line, popped up so fast he went for a little ride! The boat was just beginning to take a little water thru a submerged scupper as the flap was held openView attachment 87285. (Time for some pig pong ball type?) into the fish well drained into the bilge glad we have a two-level pump system. I still feel sick! I would not wish this on anyone! Best RegardsView attachment 87286View attachment 87287
That's wild that a crab trap caused that! Glad you got lucky there that would have been brutal

I was wanting to update the interior of my Commander but figured I may as well go all the way and replace the fuel tank and water tank . The boat has always surveyed perfect but there are a lot of areas that aren’t accessible. So far I haven’t found anything concerning . Its a bit of a major. F1171EC0-FB0C-4E46-8E5C-117D98A88C35.jpeg

Holy crap man! Good luck. What year again?
It’s an 87 or 89. From my little bit of research it was probably time to change em. Plus it wouldn’t have been very fun ripping up all the new flooring and stuff if I had a leak in a couple of years. The plan is new flooring , new upholstery, new fridge and cooktop, new helm chair and I’m going to change the bathroom a bit. I don’t want or need a wet bath with a sink. I’m going to have just a toilet I think. It’s all subject to change if I find a rotten stringer or something though.

It’s an 87 or 89. From my little bit of research it was probably time to change em. Plus it wouldn’t have been very fun ripping up all the new flooring and stuff if I had a leak in a couple of years. The plan is new flooring , new upholstery, new fridge and cooktop, new helm chair and I’m going to change the bathroom a bit. I don’t want or need a wet bath with a sink. I’m going to have just a toilet I think. It’s all subject to change if I find a rotten stringer or something though.
If you find a rotten stringer, make it a centre console and let us have a fun build thread

I was wanting to update the interior of my Commander but figured I may as well go all the way and replace the fuel tank and water tank . The boat has always surveyed perfect but there are a lot of areas that aren’t accessible. So far I haven’t found anything concerning . Its a bit of a major. View attachment 87449
You have my respect sir. You won’t regret this play in a year when you have a nicely finished and solid boat!
(You will be pissed at yourself for the next few months though lol)

Took her out of the marina this weekend. A wash, and all the cushions off the seats and cuddy. Organized the gear.

Attachments

• C3F80372-D639-47CA-9555-CB339AF4DA9B.jpeg
    C3F80372-D639-47CA-9555-CB339AF4DA9B.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 46982756-F701-46E8-848A-08F22520D1DE.jpeg
    46982756-F701-46E8-848A-08F22520D1DE.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 115
Back