West Coast Guide Certifications

thats an old article but a rough idea I believe there is alot more updates needed now though
That is for Freshwater Guiding.

Thats freshwater this is what you need for saltwater

And marine first aid ,and the "C" numer applied for AND the vessel you want to fish from need to have a go over and a stability test anywhere from $1500 to $3500 plus the price of the courses.

And I will say there is a big crack down coming this summer as anyone doing charters with out this is gonna get dinged,

And marine first aid ,and the "C" numer applied for AND the vessel you want to fish from need to have a go over and a stability test anywhere from $1500 to $3500 plus the price of the courses.

And I will say there is a big crack down coming this summer as anyone doing charters with out this is gonna get dinged,
I wonder who is going to be doing the cracking down though, seeing as transport canada is the only one who can actually enforce commercial vessel regulations. On top of that the government is cutting hundreds of millions in the public sector and freezing millions in spending. Fisheries and oceans is being hit hard with a hiring and spending freeze as well as laying off new employees and facing millions in cuts over this year and the next. Can't imagine where they would find the money for this enforcement as much as its needed.

Hope so!

Back