Wayne laughern super released dodger vs pal #4

Discus

Today I bought 3 Wayne laughern super released dodgers.

I had never been use them. I want to give it a try this year.

I read the article on the internet. It says in 1980's they were selling the 12" super released dodger for $20. That was so expensive. I assumed many anglers wouldn't buy the super released dodges but they bought plastic flashers or dodgers were about $5.00.

I am just wondering do the super released dodger and pal #4 Dodger are swimming in same way ?

I would love to learn from your experience about the super released dodgers and pal #4

Thanks.

20170218_153338.jpg

Super Release needs a release clip to the rod and the red pin to the lure/bait. Or use as a dummy.

Attachments

The larger one is easier to learn with because it has a bit more weight and will feed out easier without tangling. You have to use a release clip above the line the dodger is attached to with enough slack to the dodger to allow it to swim back and forth. You also have to lower to your fishing depth at a controlled rate...you can't freefall it or it will tangle itself on the rod line. They have been designed to not roll over which again woud cause it to tangle on itself and not allow it to properly release.

More productive plugged in. I have the original 2 foot long prototypes or his first personal use ones before he went public. They are heavier gauge brass so very easy to use and a much slower side to side action. Have taken many over 40 pound springs in both Sooke and Bamfield on them.

Thank.you for your experience sharing.

I want to know the pal #4 dodger and Wayne laughern dodger are swimming back and forth same way .

Here is the very first super release that was never put on the market..only a select few friends of Wayne had them.

If anyone has any extra super release dodgers they arent using let me know. My old man said he used them back in the day and we want to find one and try it now a days. I have two Super Release dodgers that are 12 inches long that I would be willing to trade for a larger size, both are brand new in packaging.

The one in the picture I made myself off the pattern of the one I got from Wayne. Once he changed the design I made sure I had one of the originals left as a pattern. I bought a full sheet of brass and made enough to last me a long time. I still have 8 or so of them.

I m so lucky I found the 24" Wayne laughern super released dodger.
The Fishing Charter is retired. He sold it to me. He said that he caught a big spring was 46 lbs on the dodger. He got one at Shack trap.

I 'll give it a try this year

Attachments

• 20170409_170847.jpg
    20170409_170847.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 81
Nice find, was that on the other guys Facebook post in Vancouver island salmon fishing? I just picked up my 5th sword at a garage sale on the weekend.

Back