Wanted - Rapala NC1 reel

-smtw

Looking for another Rapala "north coast" reel... got one off a board member awhile ago, and quite like it as my secondary setup. If you have one, or know of one kicking around let me know. Thanks !

Well that just doesnt help me Holmes! ..... you were supposed to say they suck, and you would like to get rid of it ASAP.

Holmes...Just curious is there any legitimacy to having to use the free spool only when letting the line out with the NC1? Or is it the same as my 4000gt's that i simply loosen off the drag when letting the line down with the rigger? I heard an interesting story about them and just wanted to clarify.

You can either back off the drag or go to free spool mode on the NC-1. Not sure why you wouldn't just use the free spool mode.

That as you are lowering the line, if the drag is too tight and you want to back it off it wouldnt work...In order to lower the line only the free spool would work. Heard it from two credible sources.

Holmes, we solved the spring issue (problem with clicker you mention) with upgraded spring so there should be no issues with the latest version. There are replacement springs available if you need to change them over. Local tackle store can get them in if you want em. Working now on a larger arbour version to compete with MR 3.

I have 3 NC-1 I did go through some springs at first. Since I have been running the new stronger springs I have not broken one. Love the reels, I think they are a great reel!!!

if you reel is pretty new than it may have the new spring in it already? if it has not broken yet you maybe good to go!!1

Back