Wanted, fuel flow monitor

tinytinny

Hi,

Looking for a fuel flow monitor for a midsize two stroke gas outboard. I have an Gen 1 Lowrance HDS7, which is NMEA2000 capable, or one of the stand alone models would be fine too.

Just wondering if anyone has one of these kicking around the garage? Don't want to spend too much.

Thanks very much

You should look for the Lowrance fuel flow sensor EP60R. I had one connected to my HDS7 before I switched to a newer outboard with its own fuel flow monitoring. The Lowrance sensor was easy to install and connect to N2K. Advantage of this method over a standalone display is one less item on the dash; the fuel data can be overlaid onto your chart and/or sonar screen. I'd think this solution would cost less than a standalone since you already own a display screen.

I am about to pull the trigger on a lowrance elite 9 FS and halo radar all hooked up with heading sensor on a NMEA network. I am wondering what I would need to run a fuel sensor on a 2003 225hp Optimax? Is the optimax nmea capable?

Hi,

Looking for a fuel flow monitor for a midsize two stroke gas outboard. I have an Gen 1 Lowrance HDS7, which is NMEA2000 capable, or one of the stand alone models would be fine too.

Just wondering if anyone has one of these kicking around the garage? Don't want to spend too much.

Thanks very much
Just took a Garmin GFS 10 fuel flow sensor off my boat. You can have it for $75.

Hi thanks to all for the replies. Yes to Sly Karma the EP60R appears to be the one I need. Just wondering if anyone knows if the Garmin GFS 10 flow sensor would work on an HDS7 (lowrance) nmea network? (thanks for the offer bigbruce) I am looking into it but I am not sure.

Back