wanted, 3-5hp outboard motor

MRWood

I am looking for a 3-5hp outbouard motor for my 8ft Sorenson catamaran style tender. I use the boat to row out from our beach to my moored boat. I was thinking that this boat could make a a great little lake/trout boat as it fits nicely into the back of my pickup. The boat is rated for max 5hp.
Regards
Mike

4.5 johnson

hi mike i have older 4.5 hp johnson out board for sale if interested.early 80's. it came off my whaler i used it for trolling runs good. has a prop guard on it.300.00 dollars.
I am looking for a 3-5hp outbouard motor for my 8ft Sorenson catamaran style tender. I use the boat to row out from our beach to my moored boat. I was thinking that this boat could make a a great little lake/trout boat as it fits nicely into the back of my pickup. The boat is rated for max 5hp.
Regards
Mike

hi mike i have older 4.5 hp johnson out board for sale if interested.early 80's. it came off my whaler i used it for trolling runs good. has a prop guard on it.300.00 dollars.

Hi Tony,
Thank you for your reply. It may be a little older than I was thinking about. do you have a pic or two that you could send me.

RS...nice looking motor but probably a bit big. Boat is rated max 5HP. I could contend in the bathtub derby with that motor :)

4.5 Johnson pics

Hi mike here are some pictures. Not to computer savvy so hope this works. Thanks for looking. Tony

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 62
Hey MRWood, I have an 8hp short shaft merc that you can borrow any time til you find one. Its a 2 stroke and pretty light, just keep it slow and you'll be fine.....BRS

Hey MRWood, I have an 8hp short shaft merc that you can borrow any time til you find one. Its a 2 stroke and pretty light, just keep it slow and you'll be fine.....BRS

Hi Greg
Thanks for the offer. Probably be pretty fun with the 8hp....probably go faster than the big boat.

Back