Wanted 225 or 250 outboard

BigBird007

Crew Member
Wondering if anyone has a lead on a used 225 or 250 hp outboard for sale? Prefer a 4 stroke but would look at an etec if it was priced right.

I have been waiting 2.5 for parts to put my F225 back together. The dealer can’t give me a solid delivery date they just keep pushing it back every two weeks.

Dreaming that I can find something reasonable to buy and just sell the old motor when I get it back up and running or possibly resell whatever I buy.

This is far from my forever boat so I am not interested in putting a new engine on it.

Wondering if anyone has a lead on a used 225 or 250 hp outboard for sale? Prefer a 4 stroke but would look at an etec if it was priced right.

I have been waiting 2.5 for parts to put my F225 back together. The dealer can’t give me a solid delivery date they just keep pushing it back every two weeks.

Dreaming that I can find something reasonable to buy and just sell the old motor when I get it back up and running or possibly resell whatever I buy.

This is far from my forever boat so I am not interested in putting a new engine on it.

What specifically are the parts you're waiting for?
Someone might have a lead on them.

FD

Wanted to be proactive and do the exhaust kit on my 04 F225. Phoned the dealer before I took it apart and they told me it would be 2 weeks. Took it apart and I need a kit, ordered and payed for it the next day. 2 weeks turned into a month then turned 6 weeks now it’s been 2.5 months and I don’t have a confirmed delivery date yet. I have phoned a couple dealers none of them have it.

Wanted to be proactive and do the exhaust kit on my 04 F225. Phoned the dealer before I took it apart and they told me it would be 2 weeks. Took it apart and I need a kit, ordered and payed for it the next day. 2 weeks turned into a month then turned 6 weeks now it’s been 2.5 months and I don’t have a confirmed delivery date yet. I have phoned a couple dealers none of them have it.
have you tried Boost in Port Alberni? oosterman has some stuff!

Sorry to hear this. Thought supply chain issues were over.

Don’t know if this helps but I just put my 2011 f250 up for 2 all inclusive. It had a bearing issue and I didn’t want to get into the rebuild route. Only had 380 hours, flushed with salt away etc. should be in good shape where you are looking. Plus, from what I understand, the exhaust issue was addressed (?) prior to 2011

Anyways, if this might work for you, let me know.

Back